TDM-INF-Dogtown_revised

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Lethal Dosage

Serial Rapis...uh, Thread Killer
A long, long, time ago, there was a Infiltration version called 2.86, back in those days, i played around with a map called DM-Dogtown. When INF 2.9 came out i updated it to go with it. Once i formatted my computer, i lost the map, and all the required files.

Now with backups and some help from Burger :D , work has once again reumed, this time with much more knowledge learnt, and the support behind me... this will become the best R18+ rated urban map in INF to date!

Anyone still interested?

Disclaimer: If you are under 18, please only play when your parents or snitch siblings are not around.

Burger

Lookin' down the iron-sights...
Aug 9, 2004
Brisbane, Australia
Ouch. i remember the days where all the files needed were given to me by you on a disc. (100+mb) Does it still use most of them, or have you re-textured them to take the original INF textures like you said you were thinking of doing? And the bunkers? What happened to them?

And for those who are wondering about the 18+ rating, go to the cinema when it's released ;)

Lethal Dosage

Actually, i'm also thinking about doing something about the cinema ;)

Yeah i've got it down to only a few non UT/INF textures, but i'm still working on it. Its gonna be a pretty big file though cus the original map had alot of textures inbedded in the .unr file.

Alot of the bunkers i've gotten rid of, and i'm looking for an excuse to get rid of the Huey that you can spawn in, might just replace the Huey with a UH-60, and figure out some way to make it so you can spawn in it and jump out.

I've also planned to re-do the spawns to be more TDM style instead of DM (have 2 spawning areas instead of scattered around the map). ATM the Defenders spawn in the subway, while the Attackers spawn in to points on the map by Huey/UH-60 and HWMMV

Lethal Dosage

I can think of a couple reasons.
1) I always enjoyed it,
2) Burger has been urging me to revive it for a while now,

There arent any decent EAS maps that i can think of, that really need fixing/modding, and i'm definately not doing another DS map without really good reason, if you have a look at them in UEd, their a complete mess.

So can you think of any suitable projects?

Lethal Dosage

Is this some sort of sick hint to make it DTAS playable? Or EAS playable? Well i dunno about DTAS but EAS is out of the question.

As for Trench Warfare, i seriously doubt it will get done, and Railyard, although it would be nice, was in reality, just a pipe dream. Work and my court case is top priority now, plus its hard to use a keyboard with 3 partially severed fingers.

Dillinger

-=]N[=-
Sep 5, 2004
Ohio, USA
Go for it. I once tryed to remake Dogtown but like with most projects I soon lost interest. What you want to do sounds interesting.

Lethal Dosage

Yeah, a work "accident".

A little update on progress:
Almost all the doors have been converted to movers, and alot of new areas opened up, including a sewer system, no man holes yet.

Required textures reduced, but still working on it.

Other than that, not much. I haven't yet gotten around to doing the other stuff i mentioned due to work, and that i've madly been working on the Mosque in Peacemaker. Go over to that thread to read more about that.