SWAT versus M16 Colt

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Shag

Feb 9, 2001
AKMSU

The coolest thing about the AKMSU is that you can strafe around a corner with it. In tight spaces with 4 or more on a team, it's very useful.

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Klagenfurt, Carinthia, Austria
Visit site
SIG or M16? Well, I use the SIG 90% of the time.

As light sniper gun it's more useful than the M16, since the LAM works fine at closer quarters.
As AR I take it because I can work better with the sights(I even achieved some long distance kills at ExtremePrejudice with the iron sights alone!) - funny thing is, I never use it on full auto; why should I, a 3rd burst mows down anyone, and a second burst can follow quickly. The only drawback is the mag capacity(which I suggest to change to a 30rd mag, which is available for the gun)

The M16 I only use when I feel the urge to use the M203 - though I get more often killed using it because that damn 40mm doesn't explode.
The 3rd burst of the M16 is the best feature it has - I can fire succesive bursts at nearly full-auto speed but still remain better on target.

In fact I only prefer the SIG because I like it more..

Snakeye :D

anything you do can get you killed, including doing nothin

KOFFEYKID

Suck It!! Suck It!!
Jul 15, 2000
Hey Guys

20 rounds goes a long ways. trust me. when i play i almost never run out of ammo. you can kill 6 guy (3 round burst) and have 2 bullets left so you can kill 7 before reloading.

fetch.dll

By the time you notice me it will be all over.

Col.Sanders

Oct 12, 2000
suchey:

I second that! Bring on the M4!

On the topic of RL accuracy: there are enough variables between different M16's than between a hypothetical "average" M16 and an "average" SIG. Plus, the M16 has a lot of aftermarket kits which dramatically upgrade its accuracy potential.

Zundfolge

Dec 13, 1999
USA
With the release of 2.85, I have to say the M16 is a major improvement. But the Sig is cool too (once they get the LAM working online, I think we'll see a lot of converts from the M16 to the Sig)

For some weird reason, I do better with the MP5 then with the M16, Sig or AKSMU (although the AK with the drum mag is useful).

I find it works better for CQB and on maps where there's some sniping to be done I pack a Robar instead. But on medium range, I find my accuracy with the MP5 is better then it is with the Sig or the M16 (that's without scope. with ACOG both the M16 and Sig become almost useless for CQB for me).

If only the MP5 had a LAM ;)

<center>
zundsig285.jpg
</center>

Hannibal

Jan 6, 2000
Visit site
m16!

Before experiencing online play, I would've agreed with anyone here who was all-out for the Sig or mp5, but now that I've seen the power of the m203 when playing against other humans, I feel very reluctant to switch away from the m16. Also, the m16 is powerful enough to put a man down in one burst, so I can do without the full auto.

D

Death_Wish

I like the Sig better. I seem to think that it has more stopping power than the M16A2. Also it has full auto which the M16 does not. I don't like to use the LAM because I'm usually sneaking around and I think the LAM can give away your possition rather easily.

What doesn't kill you, can hurt really bad

R

RedStorm

Know what?.........

BRING ON THE M4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)
(me likes M4)

sp_Lair.jpg

THE REDDEST STORM OF THEM ALL

V

Vengeance

Do you guys ever use rifles like the M16 or SIG without the scopes? Or is the need for a non-scope CQB rifle fulfilled by smaller weapons such as the AK or mp5? I just find that when I am about to manuever in a wide-open area, it's somewhat annoying to switch back and forth between scope and regular sight just to scout the area but be able to check for movement at a farther distance away. When I'm in scope mode though, it seems easy to fall prey to a flanking move or just someone in front but not in the sights..