Sunset Beach Frontline

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

takwu

cXp coder Tak®
Feb 5, 2004
www.mif.vu.lt
screenshots

Since I made screenies for Alcazar Skyline on request, I'm posting screenies for Sunset Beach Frontline as well. Note that the ammo station in the screenshot is not in the initial release (there is no plan for another release either, bye bye ammo :().

Attachments

• Shot00003.JPG
    Shot00003.JPG
    307.9 KB · Views: 7
  • Shot00004.JPG
    Shot00004.JPG
    273.3 KB · Views: 7
  • Shot00005.JPG
    Shot00005.JPG
    326.2 KB · Views: 6

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
Hmm, could you perhaps in future make some maps combined of maps and terrain from singleplayer game? I mean directly them, but in MP. There are alrady some maps using these texture sets or even meshes from maps, but none is exactly the sp map turned in mp, maybe even the alpha e3 maps could play a part, because they were more open ended and would suit mp better. I have extracted t3ds if you want of these ones..i dont have the maps itself anymore though. Do you want these?

takwu

cXp coder Tak®
Feb 5, 2004
www.mif.vu.lt
What do you mean by "exactly the sp map turned in mp"? Usually the SP maps don't work for MP because they tend to be more linear (U2 is often criticized for that).

Even when the map has multi paths, the goal is often in a bottleneck and/or deadend. These are usually the defensive missions in Unreal 2 - Swamp, Kalydon, Sufferon, and Janus roof. Because of the nature of these missions, the maps in general are better suited for team games, with some modification to the deadend. However XMP is another story...

XMP adds to the complication with players having much more mobility than characters in Unreal 2 (and most games for that matter!). This means the paths, obstacles, and pits all need to be longer, wider, and taller. Not to mention support for other features of XMP (not in Unreal 2) such as vehicles and manned turrets.

Imagine the U2 tutorial deathmatch arena was "exactly turned" into an XMP map, it would be way too tight. And RGB would be considered wide open for U2.

A few XMP maps have used the theme of certain U2 maps, including some meshes, textures and particles. But the entire "floorplan" had to be made from scratch. Examples include Nakoja, Hell, Archeron, and Drakk.

These maps show how much different they have to be from the SP map they are inspired by. And it seems the more they are adapted to XMP, the more they are different from the SP map. Nakoja is very losely based on the SP map, and professionally designed. Yet it's still criticized for being less compatible with XMP gameplay (too small, too many gens, caps too fast, too hard to drive around, etc).

Having said all that, I do believe it is possible to make a very XMP-ish map using various structures and landscapes from U2, as many have tried. It just takes a lot of effort and skills, which I probably lack.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
Even the sp maps can be turned to xmp with changes, just adding neccessary things making more entrances, also in nakoja there is a lot of terrain even in the second map, but you can't get there normally, or better check your email for these t3ds, I dunno how they'll work with xmp though. But I managed to do something in past with it.