Sunday

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

cryptophreak

unbalanced
Jul 2, 2011
Sometimes it feels like everybody is in a rush to do nothing and things change too fast for me to really see them happen or think about what they mean. I think that's a big part of why I want to live in a treehouse on some land. I just want to watch the sun come up and go down and come up and go down and maybe, if possible, find time to do something in between.

Liberty Hill is a small town, and the shooting range out there is just stretches of dirt with a few tables and target stands, and there are goats running along the side of the property, and the range officer is an old, slow, easy-laughing guy who likes to stop and talk about simple things, with simple words. The woman running the shop is the kind of southern lady that makes you take the bass out of your voice without realizing it, and mind your "ma'am" and "please" more than usual.

I spent a couple of hours with a pistol shooting at tiny circles I printed out on regular office paper. To shoot something that small you have to breathe, and watch that your weight is balanced on the balls of your feet, and relax, and squeeze forward and in, all at the same time with perfect, clear focus on the front sight. To accomplish that, nothing else can be happening in the world. So while I'm out there, nothing does.

I do a lot of complicated work with complicated technology, and I take pride in it, but sometimes I feel I'm out of my true depth. Perhaps what I really need is dirt and goats and sunrises and sunsets, forever, or as near to forever as matters to me.

cryptophreak

unbalanced
Jul 2, 2011
English mother fucker.
do you speak it?

despair is a victory for hate.
I didn't stutter.

was this is your response to the Orlando shooting? to wax poetic about a firing range and living alone in a treehouse?

It's just a story, nigga. Like the chillest possible anecdote. You're too ready to argue.

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
Sometimes it feels like everybody is in a rush to do nothing and things change too fast for me to really see them happen or think about what they mean. I think that's a big part of why I want to live in a treehouse on some land. I just want to watch the sun come up and go down and come up and go down and maybe, if possible, find time to do something in between.

Liberty Hill is a small town, and the shooting range out there is just stretches of dirt with a few tables and target stands, and there are goats running along the side of the property, and the range officer is an old, slow, easy-laughing guy who likes to stop and talk about simple things, with simple words. The woman running the shop is the kind of southern lady that makes you take the bass out of your voice without realizing it, and mind your "ma'am" and "please" more than usual.

I spent a couple of hours with a pistol shooting at tiny circles I printed out on regular office paper. To shoot something that small you have to breathe, and watch that your weight is balanced on the balls of your feet, and relax, and squeeze forward and in, all at the same time with perfect, clear focus on the front sight. To accomplish that, nothing else can be happening in the world. So while I'm out there, nothing does.

I do a lot of complicated work with complicated technology, and I take pride in it, but sometimes I feel I'm out of my true depth. Perhaps what I really need is dirt and goats and sunrises and sunsets, forever, or as near to forever as matters to me.

Sounds more like you need a vacation. Rural life is much tougher in reality than it is in those romanticized fantasies. Most old men in the rural part of Italy, that I call my nature refuge, die in the 65-80 years range by their own tractor still working fields, forrests etc. because they have to to make a living.
Also, hunting is big over there but no one obsesses over it like you Americans. It's a tool not somethign you need to define yourself.
How long has it been for you since your last proper vacation?

Reactions: cryptophreak

cryptophreak

unbalanced
Jul 2, 2011
I'm not sure what makes a proper vacation, but it's been a while either way. I went to Costa Rica a year ago. The trip was nice but a little fast-paced for my taste. I'll try that.

gopostal

Jan 19, 2006
I think everyone is missing the point because 'guns'. Men have a deep sense of frustration that isn't easy to deal with. We are made with the urge to fight, to hunt, to conquer and take. Instead we spend countless hours locked into an office, forcing quiet subservience out of our mouths. Most men now have never killed anything, let alone had to hunt for a meal. There's no challenges that we spent millennia honing skills to meet. Only in the last couple hundred years has all that went out the window for this emasculated and feminized society we have made. It's only natural that you would feel drawn back towards it. We all do if we are honest about it. It just makes some men nervous and they respond with snark and feigned distaste because they don't want to admit it too.

Interesting tidbit I ran across yesterday: http://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2016/06/13/481590997/millennials-may-be-losing-their-grip

BTW, I just read Leo's latest post at OldUnreal. Take a moment to go look, it's worth it. As I was processing it it occurred to me that I think Leo may be doing the single best long-troll I've ever seen.

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
I'll simply ignore your constant becrying of society for this juicy bit. Are you saying Milfs are better at handjobs than young girls?

BTW, I just read Leo's latest post at OldUnreal. Take a moment to go look, it's worth it. As I was processing it it occurred to me that I think Leo may be doing the single best long-troll I've ever seen.

If everyone thinks he's a troll he isn't a good one. Could you link to the thread in questions, he's all over the place.