Stoked

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

dutch_gecko

Think Pink
Jun 16, 2004
www.dutch-gecko.co.uk
The theory of Occam's Razor: Occam's Razor states that one should make no more assumptions than needed. When multiple explanations are available for a phenomenon, the simplest version is preferred. A charred tree on the ground could be caused by a landing alien ship or a lightning strike. According to Occam's Razor, the lightning strike is the preferred explanation as it requires the fewest assumptions. Thanks Wikipedia

Unbelievably, this actually makes it more likely that God exists. It is simpler.

SwiftPaladin

Boing!
Feb 4, 2004
San Jose, CA
Reminds me of an analogy of two people hiking together and they spy a watch on the ground:

-Someone must have dropped this here.
-No, millions of years ago, rainwater from the mountains brought metal ores down to this path, the ores formed into a crude watchband and set of hands. Then a boltof lightning hit the randomly-formed battery and started the watch ticking.

(GR)Killer said:
Too bad god doesn't exist :)
No it's better that he doesn't. Why would any "being" let this world continue more than it already has? To get a good kick out of people being asshats and killing each other? Last I heard only freaky physocic people like to watch other people die in very gruesome ways.

OF COURSE THOU....this is the UTXMP fourm and not "Is god real". **** that. I don't know, and I will never care.

GotBeer?

The nozzle is now calibrating
Mar 10, 2004
57th State
(GR)Killer said:
Prove that he does :D
I already did:
GotBeer? said:
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."-Benjamin Franklin
Beer exists, therefore God exists. My logic is flawless!
Oh, and Gecko had a pretty good argument with that whole "Shick's Razor" thing.

Mar 6, 2004
dutch_gecko said:
The theory of Occam's Razor: Occam's Razor states that one should make no more assumptions than needed. When multiple explanations are available for a phenomenon, the simplest version is preferred. A charred tree on the ground could be caused by a landing alien ship or a lightning strike. According to Occam's Razor, the lightning strike is the preferred explanation as it requires the fewest assumptions. Thanks Wikipedia

Unbelievably, this actually makes it more likely that God exists. It is simpler.

Pfft, don't believe everything you read :lol: if god existed and invisioned everyone and made us all in 1 day then why does he let us continue like we are? everyone is sinners to him aswell, i also heard that he hates sinners and we are all sinners and if we wanna go to heaven we HAVE to believe in him and follow a "book"? that's rediculas...i'll never ever believe in god but that's just me...i believe there is more chance in aliens then god.

Jackal- God isn't a being, he's a voice as people keep saying.

Last edited:

Síochán

Alpha
Feb 16, 2005
(GR)Killer said:
Pfft, don't believe everything you read :lol: if god existed and invisioned everyone and made us all in 1 day then why does he let us continue like we are?

Maybe God made a mistake by giving us all freewill - something which, it would seem, God can't reverse - so maybe that's why we will all continue the way we are.

Amen

Mar 6, 2004
Who knows, we will all know the truth when we die ;) and it will be soon once you meet mr sniper rifle and mr pistol :lol:

dutch_gecko

Think Pink
Jun 16, 2004
www.dutch-gecko.co.uk
(GR)Killer said:
Pfft, don't believe everything you read
Occam's Razor is a well established theory. It does not apply to God, it applies to things in general. The bit about it relating to the existence of God, I figured for myself.

if god existed and invisioned everyone and made us all in 1 day then why does he let us continue like we are?
Here you're making the same mistake that roughly a quarter of Christians make: taking the bible literally. The bible is a good book, and it teaches us how to live, but it teaches us through stories. As a Catholic I will testify to that.

everyone is sinners to him aswell, i also heard that he hates sinners and we are all sinners and if we wanna go to heaven we HAVE to believe in him and follow a "book"? that's rediculas...
God never told anyone to read a book. As for sinners:
1 Kings 21:17-19 said:
Then the word of the LORD came to Elijah the Tishbite: "Go down to meet Ahab king of Israel, who rules in Samaria. He is now in Naboth's vineyard, where he has gone to take possession of it. Say to him, 'This is what the LORD says: Have you not murdered a man and seized his property?' Then say to him, 'This is what the LORD says: In the place where dogs licked up Naboth's blood, dogs will lick up your blood-yes, yours!' "
1 Kings 21:27-29 said:
When Ahab heard these words, he tore his clothes, put on sackcloth and fasted. He lay in sackcloth and went around meekly.

Then the word of the LORD came to Elijah the Tishbite: "Have you noticed how Ahab has humbled himself before me? Because he has humbled himself, I will not bring this disaster in his day, but I will bring it on his house in the days of his son."
God forgives.

i'll never ever believe in god but that's just me...i believe there is more chance in aliens then god.
Some will never believe and I respect that. And there is, by the way, a much greater chance of the existance of aliens than the existance of a God. But the chance of each existing is very high.
Jackal- God isn't a being, he's a voice as people keep saying.
Don't believe eh? ;)

Mar 6, 2004
dutch_gecko said:
Some will never believe and I respect that. And there is, by the way, a much greater chance of the existance of aliens than the existance of a God. But the chance of each existing is very high.

There is also this lame theory i made up because i was bored. Our universe is like a cup with a top on it or upside down so the open part is closed, inside is the whole universe and maybe some life out there, we are evolving and there are many cups...somewhat like alot of universes, look at the size of cups compared to us, the universe is a cup, imagine the size of the people expierementing on us :lol: or who knows...maybe we are the only life out here and the universe will eventually in the trillions of years start another life on another planet...i assume (this is a theory too) we started on earth by the comet that hit earth and took out the dinosaurs, maybe a similiar thing will happen. As for weird things, there is a ton of weird things that happen on this planet, hell not only this planet, check out mars...there is a face on that planet :lol: maybe inside is some type of time capsul.

Anyway, some of the weird things on the top of my mind is what happens at the bermuta triangle...this doesn't always happen but sometimes people or objects dissapear...for all we know it zaps you into the future or back into the past. Also it's by Japan there is a river that is similiar like the bermuta triangle. Look at the size of Anaconda's compared to other snakes, our brains have yet to be fully discovered aswell, the roswell insident we will never know about except the stories because we wern't there.

Lots of theory's on different things and lots of mysterious/strange things in the world. I'm sure we have yet to evolve to what we are going to evolve to...hell we started as monkeys and now look at us :lol: and there are people who have abilities to do things others can't, perhaps they have already started the next step in evolution...i wouldn't mind being able to soar into the wind. If the saskwatch theory is true, maybe that's also evolution... how did the sea serpants survive all this time in the water? that's an interesting topic...one of them is in my province (british columbia), we have yet to go to the deepest parts of the ocean and see what lurks in the dark, we are always finding new fish etc etc etc.

Last edited:

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
Síochán said:
God is a DJ.

And: A DJ saved my life

T.F: God saved my life

(Isn't this the last place on earth to be debating this issue? Shouldn't we all be playing XMP or is this what everyone does in the off-season?)

Jan 13, 2005
Tampa FL
www.
I FOUND JESUS!!! and he was using an aimbot ;)

... no seriously, i did find him once on a ut2k4 DM server and that $%#@er was cheating...

besides we dont have any room for the father the son or the holy ghost in xmp, we already have our holy trinity...

"whoever believeth in utxmp, shall not perish (at least no permanatly) but have everlasting life (until the next time i frag ur arse)"

can i get an AMEN!

AMEN!!!

GotBeer?

The nozzle is now calibrating
Mar 10, 2004
57th State
theomniproject said:
besides we dont have any room for the father the son or the holy ghost in xmp, we already have our holy trinity...
Yeah, the Rocket Launcher, the Flame Thrower, and the Concussion Grenade!

Síochán

Alpha
Feb 16, 2005
GotBeer? said:
Yeah, the Rocket Launcher, the Flame Thrower, and the Concussion Grenade!

We may have to change the whole XMP Holy Trinity thing to "XMP Holy Quadinity" - the Rocket Launcher, the Flame Thrower, the Concussion Grenade and the Gas Nade - :D :lol:

Da Spadger

Insert stupid title here.
Jul 16, 2004
Síochán said:
We may have to change the whole XMP Holy Trinity thing to "XMP Holy Quadinity" - the Rocket Launcher, the Flame Thrower, the Concussion Grenade and the Gas Nade - :D :lol:

And where does the Assault rifle come in? :(