still the noobie.....

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

scagman

Dec 4, 2004
otang said:
IF PUTTING UP TOO MANY TURRETS IS A SIN, THEN I HAVE BEEN ONE HELL OF A SINNER A FEW TIMES. PERSONALLY I WILL CHANGE THAT. I HAVE SEEN PEOPLE DO IT SO I THOUGHT IT WAS OK, UNTIL SOME TEAMMATE STARTED SHOOTING THEM AND THEN SHOOTING ME. I THOUGHT THAT WAS SHI**Y. BUT THE TURRET THING WASNT REALLY THE ISSUE FOR MY ORIGINAL POST, IT WAS THAT PLAYERS WERE CUSSING AT PEOPLE, NOT REALLY AT ME, BUT THE POINT IS THAT ITS ONLY A GAME. LIKE SOMEONE SAID, NEWBIES ARE NEEDED, BOTH TO POPULATE THE COMMUNITY, AND TO BE EXPENDABLE IN THE BATTLEFIELD. ITS A FACT, AND I'M KILLED ONE MINUTE INTO MY DEPLOYMENT OR LESS A MAJORITY OF THE TIME. BUT I KEEP PLAYING CUS U2XMP HAS SOME GOOD PEOPLE/PLAYERS. MY ROLE MOST OF THE TIME IS SUPPORT, IM THE ONE GETTING THE DEPLOY POINTS, IM THE ONE HACKING ENERGY, IM NOT GOOD ENUFF TO GO FOR ARTIFACTS, YET. I DO TRY, DONT GET ME WRONG. IM NOT SURE IF MY CONNECTION IS BAD, BUT IN CLOSE COMBAT I GET KILLED MORE OFTEN THAN NOT CUZ I SEEM TO BE CHOPPY AND MY AIM SUX, I CANT EVEN SNIPE, IT CAN BE FRUSTRATING. BUT THAT MAY JUST BE THE PING THINGY. I HAVE CABLE MODEM SO I DIDNT THINK IT WAS THE CAUSE. ANYWAYS, THANX FOR THE SUGGESTIONS...P.S. DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW I CAN DISPLAY ALL THE COMMANDS FOR U2XMP. FOR EXAMPLE DURING THE TRAINING DAY MAP, I WAS TOLD TO PRESS TAB THEN TYPE 'TOGGLEBEHINDVIEW'. I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF THERE ARE MORE COMMANDS THAN THAT. THANX AGAIN. MAYBE ILL PLAY LATER TONITE AND SEE Y'ALL THERE (FROM TX)

yip, you gotta remember that every time a turret is put up it decreases your teams energy, they are an essential part of the game but have to be used with care. The skill lies in where they are placed not the number you scatter about the place. I ain't actually played for ages cos I can't find any damn servers, sob sob.

BlueX

Soldier
Nov 21, 2004
www.nightfallsnow.com
yeah but there are poeple such as jackal taht don't undertsand the fact that using turrets takes less skill then a noob starts with. Jackal needs to keep his mouth shut b/c if he didn't use turrets/gas every time someone looks to attack him he would be woorse then every noob in the world. Sorry.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

otang

combat ready
Jan 17, 2005
texas
scagman said:
yip, you gotta remember that every time a turret is put up it decreases your teams energy, they are an essential part of the game but have to be used with care. The skill lies in where they are placed not the number you scatter about the place. I ain't actually played for ages cos I can't find any damn servers, sob sob.

I INSTALLED XFIRE AND QTRACKER. NOW I JUST USE XFIRE EXCLUSIVELY TO FIND THE SERVERS PEOPLE ARE PLAYING ON. HERES ONE OF SEVERAL SERVER LISTS I'VE FOUND HERE ON B.U. THANX XAERO FOR COMPILING THESE:
http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=153882

Mar 6, 2004
scagman said:

For not playing in ages you sure kicked some ass :eek:

BlueX said:
yeah but there are poeple such as jackal taht don't undertsand the fact that using turrets takes less skill then a noob starts with. Jackal needs to keep his mouth shut b/c if he didn't use turrets/gas every time someone looks to attack him he would be woorse then every noob in the world. Sorry.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

i don't use gas and turrets. maybe you should actually play against me to see how i play before you open your mouth and try to be cool. ;)

otang

combat ready
Jan 17, 2005
texas
(GR)Killer said:
For not playing in ages you sure kicked some ass :eek:
yea scagman, i played w/ u last night and u were pretty vicious. our team was u, hayabusa, and me against i think 5 reds and we were doing good in lowlands.

otang

combat ready
Jan 17, 2005
texas
if any one played last night u may have noticed lag o'plenty on the playable server that was being played about 10pm, forgot which one. but anyways, do u think that adjusting the video detail down to medium settings will help with the lag. i have my settings set on very high detail for mostly everything to take advantage of the beutiful environments. i have toyed with the thought that doing this will help with frame rates/ ping/ etc. what do u think? anyone play on nb last night? they had 63 ping! but i kept losing the connection.

dutch_gecko

Think Pink
Jun 16, 2004
www.dutch-gecko.co.uk
XMP is incredibly CPU dependent, not graphics, so even if you have a blistering graphics card, a mediocre CPU means you should probably turn your settings down. I run xmp with everything turned down to 0, and it still looks ok.
edit: just remembered, the detail settings have more effect on performance than the resolution (strangely).

dutch_gecko said:
Jackal, your gf doesn't change your player name when she has a shot at xmp. Perhaps someone is confused? (not to mention insulting your gf :p)

yeah, she does that. I didn't think about that. I can't wait for her to get her new PC, so I can have mine back. She does this in UT99 too. If she ever does change it, it's PinkRevolver. Insulting? On XMP? hardly. Now if it were UT99, then she would kick your ass.

otang

combat ready
Jan 17, 2005
texas
so i switched from my normal tech class to a ranger class recently and have now begun to cap artis. thanx to some of ur suggestions, i being shaped into a fine arti capping machine. only now: i still can't snipe too well; smoke granade myself into having a slow frame rate (haha); sniped my own teammates cuz they 'accidently' jump in the way; and get killed 2 steps from capping an arti (you know who u are). i tried being a gunner to defend a deploy point and i was amazed to kill 3 blues in a row cuz i was, get this, timing their jumps and lands, and rocketing them as they land. i dont lay turrets like i used to some of u are happy for that. so anyways keep up the good palying cuz and thanx for taking some of the noobs under your wings. question: what the hell is dodge button actually used for ? i only dodge dust and farts it seems. bullet magnet right here.

dutch_gecko

Think Pink
Jun 16, 2004
www.dutch-gecko.co.uk
By double pressing a movement button (just like double clicking, but on a keyboard) your character will quickly hop in that direction. You can increase this effect by holding sprint when you do the dodge (you don't need to hold down the sprint button while you're in the air) and by boosting in midair to increase the length of the dodge.

The idea is that if you want to dodge bullets you need to move as erratically as possible. This means using a combination of dodges in different directions, jumps, and the occasional boost.

You'll find that you are better off boosting lots when fighting a gunner, to stay out of the splash damage range of his rockets, and boosting very little when fighting a ranger, since this makes your movement more predictable (you can't change direction much in the air, so the ranger knows where you are going).

As for aim.... practice makes perfect :)

SwiftPaladin

Boing!
Feb 4, 2004
San Jose, CA
Or you can always go into a forum and type:

hi im new to the hole cheeting scene, LoL!
cus ne of u guyz hook me up wit sum uber hax that i no u guyz have , LoL!! thnkx
-Velocity
"there is no spoone" - The Matricks

Mar 6, 2004
SwiftPaladin said:
Or you can always go into a forum and type:

hi im new to the hole cheeting scene, LoL!
cus ne of u guyz hook me up wit sum uber hax that i no u guyz have , LoL!! thnkx
-Velocity
"there is no spoone" - The Matricks

*gives you a link to sporkeh*

i_am_Loki

god of mischief
Feb 21, 2004
BlueX said:

I'm a old time player and am thinking of returning... imho Gas and turrets are part of the game. Gas is easy enough to jump out of turrets are destroyed easily with a grenade. How I see it. If you can't handle some gas and turrets your more a n00b then my granny. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.