Steam Fall Sale...........

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
......... is almost over.

Did you buy stuff?

I bought:

The Witcher

The Witcher 2

Sky Drift (Aeroplane racing arcade game).

SimBin Mega Bundle (Old auto-racing sims with tons of content).

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks
Apr 18, 2006
Nomad
sheelabs.gamemod.net
Didn't buy anything now as I expect the Christmas sale to contain much of the same stuff at either the same discounts or better.

I was however pissed off that three of the four games I pre-ordered this year were all in the sale (all in the last five weeks).

All 2K Games - Civilization: Beyond Earth had been out for 5 weeks and was 55% off, Borderlands: The Presequel for 4 weeks was 30% off, and even Tales from the Borderlands which had been out THREE DAYS was 10% off :/

Definitely not pre-ordering anything 2K again.

Manticore

Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
I got the expansions for State of Decay.

Breakdown and Lifeline.
Worth playing although I have stalled on that game to play other things recently.

Didn't buy anything now as I expect the Christmas sale to contain much of the same stuff at either the same discounts or better.

I was however pissed off that three of the four games I pre-ordered this year were all in the sale (all in the last five weeks).

All 2K Games - Civilization: Beyond Earth had been out for 5 weeks and was 55% off, Borderlands: The Presequel for 4 weeks was 30% off, and even Tales from the Borderlands which had been out THREE DAYS was 10% off :/

Definitely not pre-ordering anything 2K again.
All the stuff I bought was dirt cheap.

The only new thing I really want is Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel and that wasn't that heavily discounted.

As you say the really good discounts will be during the Xmas sale.

[Edit]Actually; I do want Far Cry 4 as well. But that came out so recently I can't see it being heavily discounted in the Xmas sales.[/Edit]

Last edited:

Big-Al

amateur de bière
Jun 14, 2003
Under a black flag.
www.ttrgame.com
South Park: The Stick of Truth
Upgraded my Next Car Game: Wreckfest to the Digital Deluxe Edition :)
Flashback (cos i'm a fan of the original, which i still have for my SNES)
Wolfenstein: The New Order
Deus Ex: Invisible War (...finally)
&
some Pinball FX2 tables via a Humble Bundle deal

Jefe

The Dark Rat
Nov 11, 2008
T E X A S
www.vgmp3.org
Also grabbed the XCOM: Enemy Within expansion for PC. ($7.50 on GreenManGaming.) Already got the PC version of EU earlier this year for free.

A little rant: I bought XCOM: Enemy Unknown (the base game) last year on the 360 for $20, assuming that like most expansions, you needed to buy the base game, and then the additional content. That's how it's set up on PC. But for some reason, Enemy Within is a standalone title on the 360. Which pissed me off, because I would have got EW since it was only 10 dollars more that EU at the time, and it included everything from the base game. $30 for everything instead of what I assumed was $20 + 30. I realized this minutes after purchasing, but of course you can't get refunds on the 360.

Last edited:

Hadmar

Queen Bitch of the Universe
Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
I'm a passionate player of the Buy Games Metagame. As such, I bought over 30 games in this Steam sale.

I leveled up multiple times.

Al

Reaper
Jun 21, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Bought Ryse: Son of Rome and Crusader Kings 2 Collection.

I also bought the Telltale version of Game of Thrones, but that wasn't in this sale.

Vaskadar

It's time I look back from outer space
Feb 12, 2008
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Alien: Isolation, Wolfenstein: The New Order, Dragon Age: Inquisition (25% off on Amazon), Castle Crashers 4-pack (Msg me if you want a copy)

Manticore

Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Red Faction Guerrilla is on sale (85% off) in the mid-week madness section. I was thinking of buying this game before. Now that the GFWL crap has been removed I think I will buy it.

So many games........

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
I got Ryse Son of Rome on PC since it was console exclusive for so long.
otherwise I'm pretty caught up.

I only recently finished Assassin's Creed Unity.
still have Far Cry 4 and Dragon Age 3 to start.

Arcturus

Not From Bloody Starcraft
Jan 23, 2000
Totally Not Korhal IV
My haul:

Civ 5: Brave New World - not played much Civ 5 yet, but I hear this improves it a lot.

Payday2 Four Pack - for me and my 2 mates who didn't have it. I have a free spare copy if anyone wants one!

Wolfenstein TNO - heard it was pretty great.

Arkham Origins - apparently the worst Arkham game, but it doesn't look outright awful, and it was only £3.74.

Flashback - heard mixed things about this remake, but its a childhood game for me and I'm interested to see what they did with it.

Freedom Planet - It's a pixel art platformer thats takes inspiration from Sonic and other Genesis era platformers, and its bloody lovely. Sega should be embarrassed, a tiny indie studio just pissed all over them at making what is essentially the best Sonic game since 3 & Knuckles.