starting LAN-game

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

climber

Dec 30, 1999
Visit site
A tiny little newcomer's question: Me and my friend tried to start a LAN-game today, but didn't succed. We couldn't execute the game, the screen just said "waiting for another player to connect" How do we do to start the very game, for two players on a LAN CTF?

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
I did a search and I came accross it. I don't normally do bumps but this post is ancient in gaming terms. Makes you think of what it would have been like to have started playing ut then.

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
It was definitely laggy but the game must have appeared magical then. I vaguely remember my first games online in 2002. My heart was beating fast the experience was so intense and I'd jump every now and then when something exploded nearby. It didn't matter if I get fragged repeatedly and I just kept coming back for more :p .

P.S: Maybe a mod can move this to the UT forum where it belongs.