Star Wreck: In the Pirkinning

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

MP_Lord_Kee

Mar 7, 2003
Visit site
Latest Star Wreck has been released.
http://www.starwreck.com

It's a full-length sci-fi parody, with amazing special effects considering the budget. It has its moments, acting is what you could expect from non actors. Took them 7 years to create this. Free to download, torrents are available.

//Kee

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2001
England
I've seen bits of it, having to watch it subtitled kinda sucks, but it seems pretty interesting. May get around to watching it at some point..

Cunubelin

Absens haeres non erit (Soccerdad)
Sep 19, 1999
Sweden
Subtitles is a must. Should be optional though
Btw, there IS a nonsubtitled version available on their site

Keganator

White as Snow Moderator
Jun 19, 2001
PR's Barracks
www.kegnet.net
I watched it. Acting is on par with most hollywood movies...not exactly bad, not exactly good. A few funny points really stood out and made me laugh. Some of the CG was on par with what you'd expect amateurs to do, especially the ship interior scenes. The space combat CG is pretty impressive. I'm uncertain as to whether or not the final part of the movie was translated correctly...it seemed...a bit odd...

One especially amusing point was the the big "france surrenders" newspaper article in the propoganda reel ... guess it's not just americans that make fun of 'em for that! :p

MP_Lord_Kee

Mar 7, 2003
Visit site
750,000 copies downloaded according to Reuters (http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20051005/wr_nm/media_internet_starwreck_dc) which is pretty impressive.

There are a lot of jokes that probably only a Finn would get and tons of fun stuff in the background such as texts on monitors etc...

I agree about the end Keganator...I'm pretty sure the translation was spot on though (haven't seen it with subtitles yet thou)....

That indoors stuff, you have to take into consideration that it was done against a bluescreen. Each person was filmed seperatedly, then pasted into a computer model and rendered. One frame took something like 9 hours to render apparently (some stuff about that in the faq). Oldest scenes were almost 7 years old..and considering how technology has gone forward during that time...amazing that they did end up with a pretty good movie :)

\\Kee

Cunubelin

Absens haeres non erit (Soccerdad)
Sep 19, 1999
Sweden
-Snakebite- said:
Lol, were you drunk when you made that post?
Not really, but you said;
I've seen bits of it, having to watch it subtitled kinda sucks, but it seems pretty interesting. May get around to watching it at some point..

So I just pointed out that there IS a version without subtitles! :lol: