Star Trek Elite Forces 2

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sett

Jan 14, 2002
Visit site
I've played both EF1&2 both were good. EF2 is worth a buy imho.

Nice weapons,good story, could have beeen a little longer.

Q.I only played thru it once, was there an option to go with Telsea(sp?) or the half/neeked babe? (I went for the half/neekid) ;)

Renegade Retard

Defender of the newbie
Dec 18, 2002
TX
Visit site
BigFolks said:
okay i get that, but what's with all the nudity? I thought nudity was strictly prohibited as well as my attitude? hmmm

Pal, you know me from the UT2k3 forum. My advise:

1) Hal did the right thing. If the various forums were not moderated and kept separate based on topic, everything would get muddled, and you make for a very sloppy and unorganized forum.

2) I'm like you in that I feel more comfortable in the UT2k3 forum. However, there are some very good folks here (OMG, did I just say that?!? ;) ) that can provide you with a world of information.

3) Don't bite the hand of the ones who provide you a FREE service. Remember the attitude changes you said you were going to make while gaming? Same thing should apply here.

Just my $0.02 Pal. You should know by now I'll be up front and honest with you while trying to help you.

BigFolks

Apr 16, 2003
Okay, I get it. but man, people at buf really tick you off purposely then act like you got the prpblem and they get away with it. I still dont like the fact that hal moved the thread, but i guess it doesn't matter by now. my thread never did ONCE get more popular, in fact it seems like nobody hardly even posted to this thread because of it being moved n' all. And the nudity i spoke of and didn't receive a reply, you probably think i was seeing things. Well, i was sorta... only because MY COMPUTER GOT HACKED. What's the scoop on w32.welchia.worm it looks like that sorta and has some relation to w32.blaster.worm or some odd looking virus. It put flying nude popups all over the night and it changed neonites avatar to a farm with a naked lady on it!!!! OMG that's insane. Was that real or do you think i got hacked. because i think that circuitcity.com wouldn't advertise flying nude popups and i dont think buf would advertise a nude calendar just released. I somehow cured the virus methinks, but still have computer problems. Every file on my computer could very well be infected. It's one of those so called "retroviruses" - - - - attacks antivirus progs then finishes up it's dirty work.

btw. i'm sorry i was being the mother of all ... can't say. this is peaceful forum. I can't stand it when people tick me off. And sorry hal about insulting your intelegence. I should know that's not the way to solve things. Should deleting our old fussy posts in this fussy thread help solve anything???????

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
nah, don't sweat it. Sorry you didn't get more replies. I can tell you from years of experience that this is the place you would have gotten them from though.

The nude thing sounds sorta funny. We wouldn't do it or allow that type of avatar. I'm not aware of a virus that does that. Perhaps it was some kind of spyware. Try running Lavasoft's AdAware.

BigFolks

Apr 16, 2003
Psychotic_Fighta said:
<Tapey> EVER SUCKY FAT CHEEZ COK#
<Tapey> ??
<coolguy45X> eww
<coolguy45X> i aint gay
<coolguy45X> SICK GIRL
<coolguy45X> U SICL GIRL
<Tapey> PLZ FORME?!
<coolguy45X> NO
<coolguy45X> man laterz u suck
<Tapey> I SWALOW 2
WHOa!

DialAJunk

fl;ksisj
May 1, 2000
Denver, CO
EF2:

Pros = Sweet SP, awesome weapons (with alternate fire modes!), great voice acting, and the Q3 engine has never looked so good. Lots of different environments and good atmosphere. All kinds of StarTrek creatures to fight and talk with, and you can use the tricorder to do tasks too.

MP is cool. Weapons have great visual effects. Most of the maps are done well too; some of them seem to have Q3A type layouts... but better.
There are even mutators like in UT(2k3).
SO, there is lots of ways to play.

They just released the development tools as well, so expect to see some cool stuff coming around.
(You could always map for it out of the box, though).

Finally, the game gets super high fps with the details cranked all the way up at really high resolution.
So if you have a halfway decent system, you are gonna see this game as it was meant to be seen... with no slowdown :)

Cons = SP is too short (I only say that because it was soo fun). In fact it gets better and better, and ends at the crest of coolness, which could be percieved as either good or bad (ending on a high note can be a good thing for a game).

The weapons are not balanced very well for MP (still hellu fun though)

Some of the SP AI was stupid, some of it was pretty good though. I guess AI is a tossup.

Also, while the game looks great, dont expect UT2k3 poly counts or anything like that.
The lighting, visual effects and textures are done REALLY well, but the stencil shadows were buggy, atleast on my ti4600 card (stencil mode might look better on an ATI).
I do remember a couple drab looking levels however, like the Borg ship.
I remember it looking better in the first game, but I might be wrong (it's been a long time since playing the first).
It is from a different developer this time...

I can only imagine how awesome the next Trek game would be on the Unreal engine :eek:

This is all I could think of right now. Haven't played online yet, but you can have bot matches to practice the weapons and maps.
Most of the online reviews are pretty spot on, giving it high scores (average of 8 out of 10), but dissapointed at the short SP experience.
I agree, it's a great game, and better than the first (longer even) :)

(just so you know, I paid full price the day after it was released, and I don't regret it. $20 is a steal *thumbs* )

Last edited: