Star Trek Elite Force 2 - post your thoughts

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

CAVERNA2K

Look, a fliing something!!!!!
Mar 12, 2001
www.geocities.com
Just played the demo, I just wanna know if any of you have the game, and what were your thoughts about the history, plot, the game...

fist_mlrs

that other guy
Jan 4, 2001
Zittau, Germany
www.fistmlrs.com
well, its solid shooter action, but nothing more. most of the time it is the usuall fight tons of enemys to get to the levelboss type of gameplay, though the storyline isn't that bad. its actually quite funn, and proppably the best shooter atm, but nothing special. i'd suggest to spare your money for halflife 2 unless you realy want ef2.

jaymian

Sweet Merciful Crap!
Jan 25, 2001
I'm planning on buying it. I'm also looking for the original. Besides ebay, there really isn't any place I know of for older PC games. I actually like older PC games. They are usually $10, and still very entertaining. I think my friend said it best. Older games left more to the imagination, and therefore were more fun in a lot of ways. So far Elite Forces 2 sounds worth it to me. And Half Life 2 looks so damn good I'll need a new computer just to run it:(

das_ben

Concerned.
Feb 11, 2000
Teutonia
I don't have Elite Force II yet, but I picked up the budget version of EF I a few days ago. Surprisingly the Star Trek atmosphere was ported pretty well, but I absolutely hated the ending. The days of having big bad game bosses should be over.

Jaymian: I got EF I from a regular media store here. Do you also have the Green Pepper game budget series in North America? All games in that are only 6,99€.

Last edited:

zeep

:(
Feb 16, 2001
Visit site
i have EF2 for about 2 weeks now and i'm loving every minute of it. i'm a trekkie so wandering in all those amazingly well made maps is a treat!
i'm not really far in the game yet but i plan to play more next week.

btw, multiplayer modes are the basic ones but also bomb diffusal and there are a lot of 'mutators' for every gamemode (1 man ctf, sort of domination, instagib, classes like team fortress etc ).
There will however be a patch to fix some ctf issues and it seems that jumping is a little buggy in both singleplayer and muliplayer. ( sound fx is too late and the jump curve gets kinda warp-ish online ).

anyway, its the engine i've grown to love -q3a- and it runs like a dream and its star trek. :)

jaymian

Sweet Merciful Crap!
Jan 25, 2001
I got the original Voyager Elite Forces. It came packaged with Armada for $10. Great deal. I like it so far, and can't wait to get the newest one. I haven't ever seen a place that sells used PC games around here. We have gamestop, formally known as funcoland, but they deal exclusively in console systems. It sounds like everybody enjoys the second EF so far, so it sounds like a solid buy. Thanks for the reviews guys.