Space combat map idea

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

rich_zap

Jul 18, 2004
Dissapearing into the fog !
OK me and a friend have come up with what we think is a very original ONS map idea. Im not suggesting this hasnt been suggested before but im pretty sure it hasnt been made before. Essentially were each going to make a ship with defenses, hangerbays etc... and have a powercore and 2 powernodes in each.
What were hoping to get is some interior ONS play within the ships which there are sadly few maps which have done this. Also there will be space combat between Raptors and Cicada's from the ships hanger bays around some derelict ships in the centre.
Weve really only just started on this project but any further suggestions (within reason !) would be helpfull. Also what do you think of the idea pros, cons.
Thanks

Reciprocity

Boots of Spanish Rubber
Apr 4, 2004
I think the reason something like that hasn't ever been tried out is because 1) purely aerial combat is pretty bland and 2) flying vehicles need *alot* of room to move. Alot of room equals alot of empty space. If you want it to be pleasing to the eye as well as to the trigger finger, it needs to be pretty. Modelling the ships and all that junk and getting the proportions just right doesn't sound like a someone not Hourences wants to get themselves into. But go ahead. I look forward to see how it turns out.