Sounds...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

PROMAGNUM

HaloBender
Jun 26, 2000
LACAUSA
www.Promagnum.com
I have recently been making,recording sounds and morphing sounds,etc (stealing sounds) :)
but anyhow I need to know what exact format is best for .wav import to .uax?
I noticed I had some at PCM,22,050 Hz, 8 Bit, Mono
but they still did not work right, one caused me to crash because of consistent repeating at the same time.
Please fill me in and I might export my .uax to some map makers for experimental purposes. (wink,wink,bastard):)

keek

mapper
Nov 7, 2000
The Netherlands
www.phys.uu.nl
Check unreal.epicgames.com for exact info. My experience is that sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. It does not seem to have anything to do with the format or anything. My guess is: keep messing until importing works....

PROMAGNUM

HaloBender
Jun 26, 2000
LACAUSA
www.Promagnum.com
oh the import works fine, its the ingame sound that is messed up. Im not sure if its size or format, or what has to do with it. No one really seems to know exactly, but I kind of want to for some things. If you have a similiar link to info, post it.

GreyMouse

Its whats for dinner!
May 18, 2001
South Dakota, USA
Visit site
Sound files in UT work best if they are 16 bit 44000 Khz sound files (either mono or sterio). you will want to make sure they are true wav files. When you are done remixing and have them ready to import put the wavs in the sounds root folder in UT then open the editor and import the sounds under a file you created. then make sure to save it under a diiferent name if you used a exisitng sound uax library.
try to make sure the sounds are not too long or the uax library will be huge. (I know from experience on that one lol)
oh and another thing make sure the peaks on the sound files are not truncated (the wav graph does not get so high it flatens at the top of the graph) or they cause problems later on with other sounds.

PROMAGNUM

HaloBender
Jun 26, 2000
LACAUSA
www.Promagnum.com
that makes sense and I wasnt personally planning on one sound being that big, Im just trying to figure out why some sounds are jacked up or to fast high pitched or to slow and consistently repeating over and over not looping but repeating in one second time spans,then I crash.
I just want to know the standard for them.