Son of a b****!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DDRRE

Flesh is a design flaw.
Feb 13, 2004
Israel
The_Wolf said:
Yeah, I need to save up some more money to get a new copy of 2004... I was planning to re-install windows soon, and UT 2004 won't like that :(
Hmm.. I'm running on a fresh Windows installation on my secondary hard drive and UT2004 works exactly the same :) (Well, okay, it loads a bit faster :))

-\Zeta-

Rave-0-Lution
May 22, 2004
canada
DDRRE said:
Hmm.. I'm running on a fresh Windows installation on my secondary hard drive and UT2004 works exactly the same :) (Well, okay, it loads a bit faster :))

its normal .....

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
ZetaMillenium said:
sorry if u use little Sig .. but mine is okay

i just think i got the right thing now :con:
No, yours is not okay. If someone complains about your sig then it is obviously not "okay" now is it. The picture is the right size but at that size you aren't supposed to have any text in there. The five lines of text makes it too big.

However with a bit of magic we can get it down to the right size.

You can use size tags. [ size=1]This text will be very small[ /size]

Just take out the spaces and you get this:

This text will be very small

This saves a lot of room on its own.

Then instead of using enter breaks for them all you can separate them with spaces and pipes. A pipe is this: |

it's Shift+backslash. So you could do this:

My JB2K3 map | All my maps | JB-Platinum | Tutorial for JB maps

That would fit it all on one line and you wouldn't even have to make the picture smaller yet. That would be the perfect sized sig. :)

igNiTion

here
Apr 9, 2004
South Carolina
sorry to hear that...but seriously, who the hell would steal some physical omputer games from house?? at least steal them from ebgames..or there is this concept called torrents :rolleyes:... that sucks dude. some homophobic moron most likely ;)

Jrubzjeknf

Registered Coder
Mar 12, 2004
The Netherlands
just copy UT2004. Your key is still somewhere in the register. Write it down and just reinstall.

Would it be possible to ask Epic if they would give your a new key? Yours hasn't been banned or anything. Also, copying wouldn't be pirating, because you have an original cdkey yourself...

Taleweaver

Wandering spirit
May 11, 2004
Off course
jrubzjeknf said:
just copy UT2004. Your key is still somewhere in the register. Write it down and just reinstall.

Would it be possible to ask Epic if they would give your a new key? Yours hasn't been banned or anything. Also, copying wouldn't be pirating, because you have an original cdkey yourself...
I don't think it's going to be that easy...maybe unless the owner has another partition on his HD with enough free space. If not, it'll require about 8 700 MB CD's to get it on discs (probably less if you zip it).
...But I'm not sure if you can 'just' copy-paste all your files to another place, run it and give the game your key when it asks for it. It sounds a bit too easy for hackers to warez the game, even with the no-cd check :hmm:

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
It seems odd that all they took were CDs. This theft was probably carried out by some young children.

The_Wolf

Aug 15, 2004
More than a few CDs, my stereo too. Thankfully I still have the speakers, but I don't $4000 to spend on new equipment.

@ jrubzjeknf & Taleweaver: Yeah, I should write my cdkey down, I hope I can copy 2004, I still have unreal installed, I can just copy that too (no cdkey). If I find the cdkey in the registry I will back that up too.

Jrubzjeknf

Registered Coder
Mar 12, 2004
The Netherlands
to taleweaver: copy as in copying UT2004 from someone else. Copying the UT2004 folder would be stupid, since you can't easily backup the registery. And without that, UT2004 is useless

Originally Posted by by Fearless
This theft was probably carried out by some young children.
Guess you need some better security system in your house Wolf ;)

Btw, got insurance for this stuff?

and ps. Call me Nova^ ;). Jrubzjeknf is the nick from my email address I used to register as, just to ask a question on this board :B

Da Spadger

Insert stupid title here.
Jul 16, 2004
The_Wolf said:
I just noticed what's missing from my desk... and my house!

1. My UT2004 box, with CDs.
2. My UT GOTY CDs, still got the box.
3. My Unreal CD, still got the box.
4. 13 music CDs, including my Rage Against The Machine self titled...
5. My original Age Of Empires CD (Not even I care...)
6. A few new mags, and my stereo...

Well, at least the thief had good taste *thinking of the Unreal stuff*