So who's buying Crysis 2?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Are you buying Crysis 2? Did you Pirate it?

• Total voters

Mozi

Zer0 as a number
Apr 12, 2002
In the Borderlands..
www.mozidesign.com
Firstly, it is very, very clear that the game has had to pander to console hardware restrictions. That's why all the levels are generally perfectly linear corridors, and really short.

Secondly, comments such as the one coming from this genius make me laugh:

Duh. You're playing a pirated development build. Your comment is null and void.

Correct. The PC one says press ENTER to begin... HERP DERP...

NRG

Master Console Hater
Dec 31, 2005
Didn't the demo actually say to press start?
They fixed that while patching the demo for their terrible account service, which still wasn't fixed. Now that the game is out, nobody can play the demo! :lol:

Vaskadar

It's time I look back from outer space
Feb 12, 2008
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Bought it, played it, was actually impressed that the story didn't suck, and was pretty well written. Very good storytelling.

One of our members here stated that he'd buy it because he pirated it.

I get a pretty good FPS while playing it on extreme settings in the less demanding environments. The gameplay is very solid in campaign. BUT... can't seem to get in a game in MP, or at least get one started. Oh, and they fixed the interface.

Rig
PNY GTX 460
4x1G DDR3 RAM
Q6600 Quad Core.

GPU seems to be doing all the work for me though, hehe.

Last edited:

Mozi

Zer0 as a number
Apr 12, 2002
In the Borderlands..
www.mozidesign.com
So far I am having fun, but the console-itis is there.

Checkpoint saves? Really? I have a enough storage space, and maybe I'd like to save the game when I like to..I may have **** to do, like ummm taking a ****...but no wait for the checkpoint then you can go.

:(

Also the game is not all that challenging. But nonetheless I am having fun. But wanted more out of Crytek , the business of making games, it's hard and it can be a bitch if you want to stay a float.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
The checkpoints were there even back at Far Cry btw. Not unlimited saves.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
Yeah checkpoints are the plague of video games.

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
Funny, I think all games should move to checkpoint systems or something similar. A lot better design than letting someone save 20 times in the middle of a boss fight, not that games are even challenging anymore these days.

It would be pretty stupid if you could save on that COD4 mission Mile High Club though.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
I prefer the way how you save the game in specific spots (i.e. Dead Space).
Saving the game during boss fights or even normal battles should be banned. ****ing dumb.

Slainchild

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2004
London, Ontario
www.slainchild.com
Some games annoyingly do a checkpoint save in the middle of a tense battle (if you accidentally walk into the trigger before clearing the area for example). Like in Call of Duty, I've been respawned with a million bullet tracers hitting my face.