So in your opinion, what's the best game ever made?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Danger_Dude

Feb 15, 2000
That's a damn good question.
Visit site
Originally posted by Danger_Dude
In no particular order...

Nethack - still has a place on every PC I own - that is STAYING power, my friends!

Civ II - Sid ownz joo.

UT - for finally getting me online

Starcraft - still on the HD, and I'm currently replaying Broodwar

Wasteland - good stuff "Pistolero explodes like a blood sausage" - narrative just doesn't get any better than that :)

Wanted to X-Com:UFO Defence - it is truly a crime that this game has not been given a facelift and re-released, esp with multiplayer. It would far and away exceed 95% of the titles out today.

BillyBadAss

Strong Cock of The North
May 25, 1999
Tokyo, JP
flickr.com
[SARCASM]Some of you might have heard of a little not so well game called Donkey Kong. I think the guy that made that game went on to make some other games, but they weren't as well known.[/SARCASM]

Ryayukou

The Stampede
Sep 5, 2001
Running away
I really enjoyed all of the FF games, but I'd have to say FF7 is my fav(so far), cause it was the very first FF I played. It was almost perfect. FF9 comes in a close second. Link's Awakening for the GB/GBC was an excellent game as well.

larrystorch

Jul 16, 2001
The Right Coast
www.beyondunreal.com
Daggerfall and the first of the series - Arena: they don't seem to make any more RPG's in that style. They pretty muched defined what I thought a good RPG should be. I tried Balder's gate, but the interface really bugged me and I eventually threw it out.

the old D&D rpg's

Bard's Tale on the old Apple II

there was a Civ style game that was set in a fantasy world, think it might be called Might & Magic. Ran under DOS. Alot of replayability in that game.

/me thinks he's gonna have to try and pick up some of these old games if he can find them.

G-Lite

ftw
Jul 25, 2000
g-lite.kochen.nl
The #1? I have to say Zelda, it's the only game I played which really got me into the story-line. And I kinda like peacefull, cute and happy things. So yeah, that's my #1.

#2 would be Marathon (scroll down), dang that game 0wned. Very complex story-line, really made me think like "Huh?" sometimes, usually I found out what was going on 2/3 levels ahead.

And the #3's gotta be Escape Velocity (Override), I played that game for hours straight, nice gameplay, it's gotta be the large universe and endless amount of missions in the game which made me play it for that long. I eventually ended up cheating, hacking the game's memory (with some program) making it think I had about 500 photon turrets on my ship and conquering every planet. (including the pirate's, mUhAhA)
(btw can't wait for part 3 ;))

Anyways, most of you don't even know #2 and #3, they're mac games. I'm just answering the question ;p

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
Half-life because it has the best mods (until TTR for UT is finished) and the best single player ever.

I would have said Anarchy online though, but it has so many bugs in it I wouldnt say its the best game of all time, although it would be if it would work the way it was suppose to.

Danger_Dude

Feb 15, 2000
That's a damn good question.
Visit site

:eek2:

WOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/me give phil a big wet smoochy!!!!!!! YOU DA MAN!!!!! I will download and try, post haste!