Snipers. Are they effective ??

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

BaronSamedi

RA Konig
Mar 13, 2000
Sheffield, UK
Visit site
Yeah

your right about the camping thing.....last night on Lava Giant, my whole team just stood in the tower waiting for blues to come over the hill. I for one like to snipe because its what im good at, but when the whole team just sits in the tower...thats ridiculous!

No..im not a camper..im a sniper on the move!

Baron Samedi_3000

P

Psychomoggiebagpuss

I actually rather enjoy sniping, but until zp came out I'd only actually bothered doing it when I'm on a lan (usually half life with the crossbow - damn I liked that weapon /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif). Played zp for the first time thursday with LK and a few other at euro night.....ping was running about 600 so I ended up relying heavily on the rifle.
Snipers in my opinion (proper snipers, not those fecking annoying lp spawn snipers) can tip the balance of an entire ctf game for the GOOD, but only when they are playing as part of a team (i.e. a couple of snipers, a few defenders, a couple of attackers and a few others to float to whatever part of the team is having a hard time). Running back with the flag is a hell of a lot easier when you've got team mates running alongside you/dropping back to hold off the enemy, teamates running ahead to clear corridors and a sniper (or two) providing covering fire.
This is what you see when you watch good clans playing at CTF (and it is pretty damn good to watch - if you're not on an opposing side /~unreal/ubb/html/frown.gif)
Anyway thats my viewpoint. It will probably change when I get DSL (if ever /~unreal/ubb/html/frown.gif)

bullet2.gif

psychomoggiebagpuss
AKA P.M.Bagpuss[PuF]
AKA Armadillo Dragon of the -=UDIC=-
Wielder of the Sacred Blackrock Baguette
"If there is anything bigger than my ego around here, I want it caught and shot now"