Smesh browser shows wrongly myLevel package

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

virgo47

Waiting for next UT
Jul 5, 2005
Bratislava, Slovakia
members.clanci.net
Everything was fine for some time but suddenly smesh browser starts to show too many smeshes for myLevel package - even from other packages. I have all weapon smeshes there, dead vehicles, etc etc. And it works only when All button is off. When I push All button, list is empty. I can choose from three groups - but still the same list.

Other packages are shown fine. Map works fine (so far, but I have not good feeling about it). In fact it is not map related - no matter what map I'm editing, still the same. I can still edit, just the comfort is not so good (list is too long ;-)). Thank you for any help.

virgo47

Waiting for next UT
Jul 5, 2005
Bratislava, Slovakia
members.clanci.net
Ok, so it IS map related. While I not load my map, everything is fine... after the load, aforementioned problem arises. Any other map load ... you know, once myLevel is messed up, it is still messed up. Restart of the editor helpes, but not with my map. Is there a cure for the map itself? :)

Problem relates only to static meshes, textures in myLevel are fine (so far ;-)). In textures I have strange duplication of myLevel group with the same textures, but I don't know if this have something with this problem.

And I did not found myLevel in any directory.

Last edited:

virgo47

Waiting for next UT
Jul 5, 2005
Bratislava, Slovakia
members.clanci.net
No. I checked even all files in UT2004 directory that was updated recently (last few days, because I did not have this problem few days ago) - nothing suspicious.

This is the map:
http://deepblue.sk/~virgo/tmp/DM-Getherto-beta3.zip
If you have a time and will, you can try to load it in the editor. If the myLevel will be fine, I'll rather reinstall UT2004 and forget about the issue. ;-) But somehow I think it is in the map itself.

virgo47

Waiting for next UT
Jul 5, 2005
Bratislava, Slovakia
members.clanci.net
I have just took a look at DM-Roboto - you know, learning from other's work - and there is the same problem. So it is maps problem and not fatal I hope. If I can copy&paste whole map to the former version with myLevel smeshes in normal state... but it is not possible. ;-)

I'll let it be.