Sight on the HK69A1 is worthless.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Trevor_Clim

Is this virtuous?
Aug 6, 2001
Yew
he is pure evil...

i have heard some gossips about his next victim is the question point III ( the IIIs are exclamation points in real, but i cant write them...)
so long question points are there, i do some: ? ? ? ? ?
:D

Hadmar

Queen Bitch of the Universe
Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
Dammit, I can't belife I forgot it! Beppo is the range of the shooting range correct? I remember a thread (which I can't find) where some guys discussed the scale of the shooting range and someone made a 2.85 map that consisted mainly of a street that was supposed to be 100m long. That street was shorter (IIRC) than the 100m target on the shooting range (the one on of the sniper range). The explanation that the guy who made the map gave sounded right, but I can't remember details.

So.. please tell me: Is the range right?

Sp!ke, don't do it again or I'll send you a 1.5 MB ASCII art via e-mail.... :D

Camel_Toe(l)

Form Fitting
Mar 19, 2001
Not Toledo!
I can answer that question. No.

The meters on the range seem to be very, very long. Example the 400m range on the HK69 will only travel about 175 meters on the range. I'm not saying that the HK is necessarily right, but the range really seemed scaled off. Both the HK and the range is off imo.

I can't give you a mathmatical formula as to why it's wrong, but you think a psg could easily handle 500 meters. The only gun that is snipable at the furthest distance is the Robar, and that even has a difficult time. (now people will claim how easy it is for them to use a psg on the range:rolleyes: ). A sniper rifle of those kinds should be able to snipe well over 800 meters.

&

"Sp!ke"

Stop yer bitchin, only 38921 !s :D
(and in case you didnt know it; the Max amount of signs is 40000!, tried and true)

Last time, ever.... ;)
But wouldnt this ammo thing result in SPAM! :rolleyes:

poaw

You used to sleep easy at night.
Mar 25, 2001
Camp Pendleton, California
Originally posted by Camel_Toe(l)
I can't give you a mathmatical formula as to why it's wrong, but you think a psg could easily handle 500 meters. The only gun that is snipable at the furthest distance is the Robar, and that even has a difficult time. (now people will claim how easy it is for them to use a psg on the range:rolleyes: ). A sniper rifle of those kinds should be able to snipe well over 800 meters.

All you have to do is adjust for bullet drop. It would be more obvious except that Infiltration handles ballistics in a very, shall we say, basic manner.

Farouk

Adept
Oct 19, 2000
Germany
Use the weapon mode (the one that toggles between semi/burst/auto on most other guns). It will toggle through the four ranges.

das_ben

Concerned.
Feb 11, 2000
Teutonia
err... yes, i know how to switch between the ranges, but i don't know how to aim with it... i.e. what range are the four different modes and which mode has which range?

Beppo

Infiltration Lead-Programmer
Jul 29, 1999
Aachen, Germany
infiltration.sentrystudios.net
just for info:

48 "Unreal" units (inside UEd) are ~ 1 meter in RL

the Robar is using an "EffectiveRange" of about 76800 units... means about 1600 meters.
After reaching the EffectiveRange the projectile starts to drop height.

Well the basic formula behind the dropping is not one ya would find in a physics book but it simply drops the projectile step by step until it hits the ground (or another object of course).
Problem with all the effective ranges of our weapons is that most maps will not even show the ballistic effects cause they simply do not have enough "space/room". So you will never get into a situation for getting a ballistic effect that is noticeable.
So we divided ALL effective ranges with a specific factor to squeeze the real into the unreal ;)
Maybe this value is a bit too high for current maps cause it reduces the maximum range of the RC50 to about 300 meters and then it starts to drop height. But the muzzlespeed of the RC50 projectile is very high so the drop is very very slow and so you have a resulting effective range of about 700 meters ... almost the original.

An additional problem shows up with tracers. Tracers are the projectiles ya can actually see... so we have to slow them down a lot that you are able to spot them. If we would not slow them down ya would never see a single tracer...

to the HK69 aiming...
the distances are displayed on the ladder "holes" themselfs ... have a closer look and ya can read it... else its: 100, 200, 300 and 400 meters from bottom to top.
To aim it simply look thru the currently selected "hole" of the ladder until your target, the grain (at the muzzle) and the "hole" are aligned.

- Beppo

yurch

Swinging the clue-by-four
May 21, 2001
USA, Maryland.
Visit site
And no, the H&K69a1 is NOT worthless. I could, (and still can, after 2 weeks of not playing, w00t!) put a nade into a window from 200m.
Great fun. Especially for the sniper.

das_ben

Concerned.
Feb 11, 2000
Teutonia
Originally posted by Beppo
to the HK69 aiming...
the distances are displayed on the ladder "holes" themselfs ... have a closer look and ya can read it... else its: 100, 200, 300 and 400 meters from bottom to top.
To aim it simply look thru the currently selected "hole" of the ladder until your target, the grain (at the muzzle) and the "hole" are aligned.

wow, got help from the man himself