Shoreline Waves

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

noynek

Sep 28, 2004
I've been trying to simulate incoming waves crashing on a shore and have had only limited success with particles. I saw on ONS Islandhop what I'm trying to accomplish, but I'm running 2003 and can't check it out. Any ideas on how to do this?

noynek

Sep 28, 2004
MozTS said:
its a static mesh using UV mapping to make it snake around.

Great, Thanks! Can you give me an idea of what the material setup is like? The texture mapping makes sense, but I'm still not quite sure how the panning and fading would work. Thanks again!

JonAzz

UA Mapper
Aug 1, 2003
North of Philadelphia
its mainly done with alpha maps and some other shaders... look at them in the texture browser to get a better idea of how they work, then go from there :)

noynek

Sep 28, 2004
Ive looked through all of the texture packages and couldn't find a shader that looked like this one. Does anyone have access that could do a screenshot or just post whats going on? Thank You!