UE1 - UT Shark Hunting Squid

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Jun 28, 2005
Jamaica, mon! Hahaha!
Does anyone know how to make a variant of "UnrealI.Squid" that only attacks "MyLevle.GhandiShark"s? Please help me with coding; or call it whatever you like and put it in whatever package you like; send it to me, or post it here, and I'll prominently mention your username, or whatever alias you like, in my new readme.txt file. Thanks.

Last edited:

gopostal

Jan 19, 2006
1) Open your map and in the actor class select pawn>scriptedpawn>squid, right click it, select new.
2) Set Package to MyLevel, set name to MySquid, hit OK.
3) In the code page that comes up add this after the line "class MySquid expands Squid;" BE SURE to make a new line after that one!
Code:
function eAttitude AttitudeToCreature(Pawn Other)
{
   if (Other.IsA('GhandiShark'))
     return ATTITUDE_Hate;
   else
     return ATTITUDE_Ignore;
}
4) Click "Compile changed scripts" button (looks like an arrow on top of a stack of papers). DON'T click compile all.
5) Close that box and go back to your actor class. Open it back to squid. See the new "MySquid" under it now? Place one into your map. If you don't place one it will forget your changes when you close your map so be sure to save one.
6) Playtest and let me know how it goes.

Thank you for listening about the emoticons. That's why I did this. I'll do more if you need it, just ask.

Reactions: Hunter