Share Your Old Hardware

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Crowze

Bird Brain
Feb 6, 2002
Cambridgeshire, UK
www.dan-roberts.co.uk
This may sound a bit odd, but does anyone have a spare Intel P4 heat spreader for a socket 478 northwood, or knows where I can get one in the UK? I took a P4-M out of a broken laptop and put it in a desktop mobo, but without the heat spreader the heatsink doesn't reach it :hmm:. I'm glad P4s have decent overheating protection ;).

EDIT: Scratch that, I got a Zalman cooler which fits properly.

Last edited:

Leonardo

Old fart on top the mountain.....
Hyrulian Hero said:
I am still seeking a free used video card, preferably an ATI Radeon 9600 or better, or an nVidia GeForce FX 5600 or better. :)

Hyrulian, nice to meet ya. Used to live in Santee myself. Have you and some of the others in the states tried freecycle.org yet? Great stuff, (Yea Shameless plug) I got a 800Mhz Server by using it. Also I *do* have a 64 stick of sdram http://media.digikey.com/PDF/Data Sheets/Wintec PDFs/w9d308647pa-333.PDF is the specs on it I have the small plasti-case for it and am also willing to ship as long as the person pays for the s/h. Let me know.

JeniSkunk

Aug 4, 2005
Hyrulian Hero said:
I know for sure I've got a couple SB PCI 16's, a few ISA sound cards

Hyrulian Hero, do you still have any of those ISA slot sound cards?
I'm after a non plug-and-play SB16 for using in a 486 for DOS gaming.

Jenifur Charne

ZenPirate

Living Legend (and moderator)
Nov 21, 2000
New York
Does anyone have a 2mm jumper? I need one for my Seagate sata drive, but most drives use the larger 2.5mm size. pm me if you have an extra one, thanks.

JeniSkunk

Aug 4, 2005
ZenPirate, I have 5 jumpers that might be useable.
2mm pin-hole-center to pin-hole-center.
1mm between the inner edges of the pin holes.

Jenifue Charne

Buglunch

Moog maniac
Apr 5, 2006
Vancouver Island
members.shaw.ca
I need a MIDI connector box from DX-7/TX-81Z synths to comp tower back that works and has some software/manual to enable actual use-80s gear fine. Got a roland but it won't handshake and DxLibraruina I found on 'Net is German only!

Sahkolihaa

Ow...
Dec 29, 2004
England
Anyone got any of the following:

350W or higher PSU
Any CD-Drive

In need of these to build a P4 system to replace my broken laptop :(