Server changes my model/skin...?!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Old Fart

Elder Flatus
Jan 28, 2001
New England (USA)
I hope I'm not duplicating this - I've tried to post twice now and it isn't showing up:

Last night while connecting to a friend's temporary server, her machine kept making me female despite my having set myself to “male commando” in my player setup. I'm using all base-UT-install stuff too (no custom skins or voices, just male commando, mercenary skin, and male voice two). When I went onto a couple of pubs today to see if the problem recurred, I was male again, but my skin/class were different.

Is there some setting in my User or Unreal Tournament config files that could affect this (and allow me to prevent it)? I don’t want to sound whiny, but it’s just really, really frustrating to limit yourself to base-install models/classes (so most servers will, in theory, accommodate you), then find out the settings you’ve entered are thrown out the window. I’ve even monkeyed with my DefUser config just to be sure that my settings are always in, but this server setting trouble has me wondering if I’m wasting my time even specifying…?

Any/all constructive insight would be greatly appreciated.