See? MP3's are BAAAD!!!!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

CHRYSt

You can't help that. We're all mad here.
Jan 14, 2000
www.crawlspaceradio.com
mp3.jpg

I certianly wouldn't want to be helping those red commie bastards! No siree! Metallicrap is right! Stupid commies, trying to control our minds!

------------------
Dead chicks suck in bed.

p.s. un-Fück BellAtlantic

[This message has been edited by CHRYSt (edited 06-07-2000).]

gramps

Mar 27, 2000
www.crookram.net
lol! :)

great pic, CHRYSt!

bullet2.gif

gramps|PuF

"I don't pay attention to politics."
"You should. It's bareley less important than your own heart beat."
"I don't pay attention to that either."

L_S

Nov 24, 1999
Looks like Beelzebub got himself a nice pair of Sennheiser headphones.

bullet2.gif

"Set it, and forget it." Ron Popeil, genius inventor

T

Troll

I downloaded an MP3 once and paid a horrible price. I mysteriously lost the use of my right thumb, my cat refused to eat cheaper food, and my car began making noises for which there are no explanations in modern automotive mechanics.

MP3's will ruin your life.

Just say no.

p.s. This has been a paid commercial announcement funded by the "Metallica Has More Money Than Anyone Has A Right To" Fund

bullet2.gif

]LoL[^Troll^|PuF
--Flag Camper and TDM Grrl for ]LoL[

The Dopefish

Eat your veggies!
Apr 17, 2000
Springfield, MA, USA
I made a very sarcastic comment on IRC a day or so ago about moving to a communist country...yet I forget the jist of it. :)

Having a friend who knows government like the left side of his right hand (the part you can make a gun out of ;)), I know a lot about governments like communism. This doesn't really have anything to do with communism. The RIAA is being more communist in this situation, by telling you to not download your music, but instead buy it because they say so...correct me if I'm wrong, please. :)

bullet2.gif

burpfish.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>To alcohol: the cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The_Dudester

Surfing the edge of underconfidence.
Feb 21, 2000
York/Norwich England
www-users.york.ac.uk
Given that Communist states *shouldn't* have a concept of money (because all are equal and therefore get the same things accessible to them) then the RIAA can't be being communist as it is technically a) supporting the use of money b) introducing inequality amongst people by introducing a fee for a given item.

trinity

Noli me tangere
Jan 3, 2000
Southern California
dudester: absolutely correct in your analysis, im a passionate hater of communism and i was just gonna point out that flaw in logic myself, but you beat me to it!

Iron Archer

Holy ****ing King of Trolls
Mar 23, 2000
Obamaland
Hey guys, how come warez are pretty much demonized around here, but MP3's are ok? I'm sure CliffyB doesn't advocate warez, so why are recording artists bad for being against reproduction of their recordings?
Would any mod maker/programmer/mapper like it if a copy of their mod/code/map was being distributed without their consent by a company that is making money off of doing such?
- think about it -

bullet2.gif

Feck the bozos
--Brad Pitt, 12 Monkeys

[This message has been edited by Deadpool_Bokki (edited 06-07-2000).]

~Cobra~

Cursed!
Apr 7, 2000
Visit site
before i say anything, i must add you guys are really sharp.. :)

dead: i guess the reason would be that most programmers and the like don't pull in 7-8 figure paychecks

bullet2.gif

"nice shot"

E

el Gato|PuF

And don't forget:

CliffyB can't go on a 6 month world tour and make more money than most third world countries can in a year.

Question: How does Metalica justify $60 ticket prices? It can't be spent on wardrobe, all they wear is black. ;)

bullet2.gif

I love them whores, they never judge you... What can you say when you're a whore? - P. Farrell

Iron Archer

Holy ****ing King of Trolls
Mar 23, 2000
Obamaland
Well, I'm not sure why the amount of money they make makes any difference. I don't think they are upset as much for the financial aspect. Why would they be? Like you said they have all that money. They have all the money, and that's when the integrity of their product starts to mean the most. If you had all that money and used it for charity, to take care of your family, or whatever you wanted, would you just stand idly by while people rip off your album sales? I wouldn't, but that's just me...

bullet2.gif

Feck the bozos
--Brad Pitt, 12 Monkeys

SEFE

May 2, 2000
Auckland NZ
Visit site
COMMUNISM RULZ!!!!

CAPATISM EATS A D!CK!!!!

AMERICA EATS A D!CK!!!!!

bullet2.gif

&lt;&lt;&lt; SEFE DOGG &gt;&gt;&gt;

it would be
Adventagous
a tad bit couragous
and not 2 mention wise 4 our listeners 2 recognise.

SEFE

May 2, 2000
Auckland NZ
Visit site
If youre in it 4 the money your music is gonna have a tendancy to EAT A D!CK aswell.

If u are sending a message then youll be down with .MP3's

bullet2.gif

&lt;&lt;&lt; SEFE DOGG &gt;&gt;&gt;

it would be
Adventagous
a tad bit couragous
and not 2 mention wise 4 our listeners 2 recognise.