Searching a game

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

[5thSFG]Mitchell

unexpected guest
Jul 17, 2008
Rome, Italy
Ok, here is a difficult question.

A friend of mine keeps saying that he saw me playing a FPS game where I used two western-like revolvers at the same time, which were probably gold plated. The big difference between this misterious game and the others is the way you reload the gun: in >90% of games you swing out the cylinder and reload, BUT in this game you have to use the rod placed below the barrel to eject each case and then manually put new bullets into the cylinder. The weapon was detaily made, an hint which could be useful to pinpoint the game developer.
Back about the game, he saw the weapons being held in both hands by my character, which suggests us that the game is fairly recent (so we can exclude games like "The Sum of All Fears" where you only see a sight); the mission took place somewhere in the open, so it's hard to say if it is wester-based game or it's more recent like a CoD4:MW, but he's quite sure that it's not a sci-fi game (so again, no Doom 3 and similar). There were some crates in the level, but he doesn't remeber if they could be destroyed or not... And among other weapons he remembers a shiny long knife (maybe something rambo-style). The enemies I faced seemed to be humans, but when they were not close they were not so detailed...

The worst thing is that I'm not sure if what I'm talking about is a game or a mod of another game, but my friend says that he saw me playing it around 2004-2005. Sure thing, the game could be older...

Can you help me finding that game? thx

Games so far excluded because they're not the game I'm looking for:
- Gun
- Serious Sam
- Badlands (MOD for UT1)
- Call of Juarez (both chapters)

The way you reload the guns may suggest one of those two things:
1) the game takes place before 1870
2) the revolvers are modern and somewhat powerful

I hope I'll find some help! ;)

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Klagenfurt, Carinthia, Austria
Visit site
not able to watch Roads video links where I am now so..

On first thought the revolver in question should be a Colt Single Action Army (SAA for short, nicknamed "Peacemaker") - or much more unlikely a Colt 1860 Army or 1851 Navy modified to fire cartridges. The SAA was build around 1873 so that would roughly fit.

The only game I ever played that had those (dual wield-able too) was a mod called Western Quake, but it was rather on the lower end of quality plus the SAAs were silver and not Gold. The knife would fit though..

Apr 21, 2003
Europe
There's a mod for HL1, called Wanted.

11733.jpg

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Klagenfurt, Carinthia, Austria
Visit site
If that's the only revolver in-game then it's the wrong one. That's a Colt Model 1851 Navy in it's original muzzle-loader configuration. I wonder what the reload animation looks like, because if they don't switch the drum then it should be something like a minute - if you're on speed :D