UE1 - UT Screenshot is always blank

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

fronjohn

Aug 7, 2008
Hey guys i haven't been a while here, and i was just making a modified map of an existing one and i get so pissed of when i make the screen shot of my map and putting it on the display map area and its always blank, so heres my way of doing it, but i do it every time but it still doesn't work ,first i take a good screen shot of my map with the HUD off, 2nd i get the screen shot file from my system folder and i use Adobe Photoshop to make it Index color and resize it to 256,256 before i make it index color so i make it have the settings with web like and 216 colors etc, and when i put it on my map file info area were screenshot is, and saved the texture package, i terst it out and all i see is blank witch really pissed me off:mad:. So anyone have steps or a solution for this??:(:(

Last edited:

Firetaffer

May 29, 2009
When you saved it as a texture package? Did you make sure to uncheck the 'mipmaps (or something like that)' box?

War_Master

May 27, 2005
When you import the texture you are asked to give it a packagename and a texturename. and you should always follow the screenshot rules. for example:

Package = MyLevel
Name = Screenshot
Uncheck MipMaps

The MyLevel packagename is the only name that the engine knows to save anything into a map, so don't call it anything else and don't save it in a separate texture package (that would be stupid as some people have done it).
Always name the texture for the screenshot as 'Screenshot' or if you're using several for animated ones you can call the first one 'Screenshot' and the next one 'Screenshot2' and so on.
When making a screenshot you must turn off the Mipmaps so that your screenshot looks nice and detailed because it doesnt have to be rendered by distances inside a map while playing (that's because the screenshot shouldn't be placed anywhere inside a map's structure which requires mipmaps).

fronjohn

Aug 7, 2008
Woot!! it worked thanks u guys :), looks like i just needed to add it to MyLevel area ;)