Round Endings

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Gnam

Feb 13, 2002
Yes, please.
Remember how in 2.86 at the end of a game the camera would jump to a first person view of the winning player? You know how now everyone goes invisible? I don't know about anyone else, but I kind of liked it better the old way. It was especially amusing when the last player was killed via knife attack. I know it was changed to avoid giving away enemy positions, but perhaps in future versions it could be a server-side option whether to use the new way or the old way. Untill then, I guess someone could do a mutator. Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone agreed with me.

fist_mlrs

that other guy
Jan 4, 2001
Zittau, Germany
www.fistmlrs.com
as eas features an ending camera placed within the level you can do complete ending scenes as a mapper, so why would you want to give away this feature for a static view?

ps: for camo screens just add an deco in unrealed, set its mesh to one of the inf soldiers, apply your camos using the multiskin settings, maybe set that guy to a nice animation, add a gun the same way you added him... preview screens can be much cooler if your actors are placed this way.

keihaswarrior

Jan 7, 2003
Seattle
keihaswarrior.home.icq
It was very funny to knife the last person and then run around with their corpse as the round ended lol ... I miss that

The new way could be cool, but most maps don't have very good endings. I think that if the defenders win by killing all the attackers then the old way should be used, otherwise just use the new way.

Beppo

Infiltration Lead-Programmer
Jul 29, 1999
Aachen, Germany
infiltration.sentrystudios.net
Guys, in those maps that remove the players there is always an extraction going on... and people standing around then will look a bit silly.
The end scenes are based on the winning team normally too. So if teh attackers managed to extract you get a nice fly out or a building that blows up aso. If the defenders win then you see something different and most times not so spectacular but this doesn't make much sense to then switch to the last man died automatically just for this 'hey it looks cool'.
In some maps you get your cool end scenes anywy... how often have I played Ruin, Stalingrad aso and you saw the CD guy dying or hit at the time he got the CD to the extraction flare. Or even in ACB if the defenders win I got several ending scenes with the last man being killed just in front of the end cam.

And in addition... setting this up would need a new endcam to be scripted... if you want one then make it yourself or try to find someone that does it for you... then all you need is a mapper that will use it then. Easy thing to do for a mutator maybe too... but this is nothing that is on anyones top priority list for sure.

To making nice screenshots... use the following command:
inftogglebehindviewrotation
then if you are in behindview you can turn the camera around your viewed player instead of follwoing him only from behind. You need to be offline, an admin or the free ghsoting has to be allowed to use the behindview stuff properly at all.

Specter

Infiltrator
Jul 17, 2002
keihaswarrior said:
It was very funny to knife the last person and then run around with their corpse as the round ended lol ... I miss that

Can you still drag bodies in Infiltration 2.9? I haven't been able to do it in the game, or find references to it in the manual. I think it was a good feature. It would have been better if it was more of a pick up like in Deus Ex, instead of dragging or pushing.

DarkBls

Inf Ex-admin
Mar 5, 2000
France
About draging etc.. It make me think it would cool to have all decal stay. (Corpses, weapons, ammos, buyllet impact on walls). Would infiltration spped would really suffer from that ? Because it would interresting. For exemple if you see a bunch of corspes it could be a clue for sniper angle of fire ;) And you can grab a claymore from the backpack of someone ans use it !

Gnam

Feb 13, 2002
Yes, please.
I was mainly talking about Team DM, not Assault. It makes sense to show the objective for the assault maps, but why do players go invisible in DM maps? I agree this is not a high priority issue, but it was cooler the old way in some cases.

Beppo

Jul 29, 1999
Aachen, Germany
to some of the questions:
- no gibs in INF
- grabbing of carcasses is still in... switch to a 'one handed' weapon (knife, nade, pistols) and the nyou can grab bodies and moveable decos
- carcasses, weapons and ammo and even shellcasings ... all have a lifespan you can setup within our menu and within the webadmin too. Set them to zero and they will never be removed. Decal stay is not possible with a simple option cause this is very much affecting performance and so is fully in the hands of the engine.

Beppo

Specter

Infiltrator
Jul 17, 2002
I've tried to grab things like bodies using the knife and it never worked. I walk up select the knife and press the grab key and nothing happens. How close do you have to be? Do you have to look at a specific part of the model?

Da_Blade

Da sharpest man around!
Jan 29, 2002
The Netherlands
www.dablade.nl
You have to hold grab iirc.

Anyways; while we're remotely on the subject; any chance that a next version of inf looses the blood spray when a bullet hits? I never seen a bullet hit a man, but imo the hollywood-fountains of blood released by the inf soldiers after being hit seem a bit unrealistic. Especially when you nly see a helmet bobbing above a wall, and you hit it, it explodes so its easy to see you killed. In real life i would supposse the helmet would stop the blood from quirting out, even if it did that.

Also, any chance of completely removing auto taunt? The automatic "Tango Down" after shooting through a door is well... weird :p

Beppo

Jul 29, 1999
Aachen, Germany
@Specter, some carcass positions are not centered due to the animations. So some have to be grabbed at their legs or even their feet.

@Blade, ehem this is no auto taunt at all... and it includes a visibility check. If you see your enemy dropping dead to the floor then this message is automatically send. The visibility check is the standard UT one (not affected by some decos like plants or sheets like windows or rags).

Da_Blade

Da sharpest man around!
Jan 29, 2002
The Netherlands
www.dablade.nl
Well, doors neither. If you shoot an enemy through a door, you will get a tango down message. You just get a tango down message in weird occassions sometimes, and it has provided me with information i didn't know up till then more then once (ie; doubting if there even WAS an enemy, or doubting i really killed him). I'd rather just see it gone, personally.

Gnam

Feb 13, 2002
Yes, please.
Can't you just turn off auto-taunt in the options? That's I do when I play botmatches and I never get any tango down messages (although unfortunately the bots don't give tango-down messages either.)

Deathrow

known as LifeRow
Sep 24, 2003
Da_Blade said:
Well yes, i have it turned off, but the fact others have it on still irritates me :p

Pretend you didnt hear tango down ;)
I've seen people (OnTarget;guess he wanted to look like an allmigty killa) saying Tango down when they didn't even fire a bullet and were sprinting,no enemy in sight.
How about that ? :con:

FieldMedic

Less good UT Player ever
Aug 30, 2001
Maybe a wrong key usage :)

It reminds me a situation online , in one of the night Desert Storm map (the one where you have to get the CD near a mosquee and the attackers spawn from a beach).

I spawned , in the defense team , in an open truck in an alley.
As i found this place very good to see the attackers without being noticed too easily , i told my teammate that i was in the open truck and defending from there.

Unfortunately , i pressed the global chat key instead of the team key to say that.
I understood that when i read the LOL words from the players in the other team :)

Last edited:

zeep

:(
Feb 16, 2001
Visit site
lol fm;)

lol da_blade, i dont mind those 'taunts' but i cant stand the 'Reloading Cover me!!' binds.

About blood btw: when i get killed and my camera is very close then just for a moment all the blood makes my fps drop very much. it's not a big issue because its just a second.
but i think that there is maybe too much blood then.

SaraP

Feb 12, 2002
The Land of the Governator
Anyways; while we're remotely on the subject; any chance that a next version of inf looses the blood spray when a bullet hits? I never seen a bullet hit a man, but imo the hollywood-fountains of blood released by the inf soldiers after being hit seem a bit unrealistic. Especially when you nly see a helmet bobbing above a wall, and you hit it, it explodes so its easy to see you killed. In real life i would supposse the helmet would stop the blood from quirting out, even if it did that.

I agree. A realistic bleeding model would be small blood stains at entry and exit wounds for arm, lower leg and torso wounds (which mostly bleed internally), profuse bleeding but no fountaining for head wounds, and moderate spurting from hits to the upper leg (femoral artery bleeding *does* fountain).