Return to Castle Wolfenstein MP Test

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DeadEyeNick

Dec 30, 2000
Although it plays like QuakeIII with class and a little realistic physics, I must say this test is awesome. The weapons ain't that great an eye candy and sound isn't top-notch, but they suit the game just right. :tup: I love the class, deployment system. Although I'm a little confuse by the player models at first and frag my own teammates 10 times. :rolleyes:
Got a feeling this will be BIG, once netcode is polished (like what ID are always expected to do) this is gonna be one of the most played online game IMO. Finally something in my to-buy list. :tup:

WizBiz

GHOST Commander
Apr 28, 2000
USA
ghost.clanpages.com
I wish INF could somehow implement the inertia feel in this RTCW test to future releases of INF. It just feels so much more natural than the INF inertia system in use. Overall I like the test. It will be on my to buy list as well. F-U-N.

Farouk

Adept
Oct 19, 2000
Germany
Yes, there is one. Even pretty impressive.
But I doubt it will be easy to find a download. It uses music from the Alien-movie and FOX doesn't want it to be distributed or something. It was released but then rejected.

Hypenotist

Catharsis hypothesis
Mar 15, 2001
I think they should have hired the Day of Defeat HL mod team to help them, the test is a good attempt at assault style gameplay but the only special feeling I had were the flamethrowers fx and the airstrikes, everything else seems modish with no real umph to it. No where near the awe of Max Payne or Operation Flashpoint demos, and no where near Infiltrations great gameplay. When they release a single player demo or the game I'll probably bite my tongue as it will probably be great but the test seems like an unfinished mod for quake to me. If they do release it like this without anything new or amazing I'll chalk it off as a counterstrike like mod gone retail and pass it up without hesitation.

[L]-Lestat

LOL? I nearly ROFLed!(IF)
Apr 4, 2001
He's behind you!
Originally posted by MoNDoGuY
You have screens of the E3 trailer on there. Is there a video somewhere?
Indeed, that E3 trailer has been deleted, due to the inclusion of Fox copyrighted music. There are plenty of other movie6 on fileplanet though. 3 or 4 I believe.