Remote Strike Weapon mod released

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Romanov

May 8, 2003
UK
Hi,
Its been awhile in development but finally its here the first instalment of Remote Strike Weapons mutator , heres some features and the weapons..screenshots below!

The Bofors 10mm Light
The Heavy Gauss Hunting Rifle
The MG3 Machine Gun
The LR2 Heavy Sniper Rifle
15mm Caseless Auto Pistol
Defender 500 Black Shotgun (with flashlight)
Defender 500 Camouflage Shotgun

Features are:-
Realistic projectile (bullet) based weapons
Fully customised animated weapons
Proper recoil
Fire and alt fire modes
Different damage levels for modes of fire
Magazine Reloading (proper GUI key in settings)
Custom hit effects
Shell ejection 1st and third person
Custom muzzle flashes
Silenced fire (on submg)
Tailored ammunition for each weapon
Maglights
Custom Ammo Pickup meshes
Mixture of semi suto and full auto weapons
Accuray differences when standing/crouching etc

and of course screenshots :)

full_MG3.jpg

full_MG3firingother.jpg

full_defender_third.jpg

full_15mmfirst3.jpg

full_DefenderBlackupclose.jpg

full_mapscreen4.jpg

full_LR2firing.jpg

heres the download location

DOWNLOAD MOD ZIP FORMAT 24MB

cheers
Romanov

Swift Viper

Long live Xmas Xan Mark III(By Hyrulian)
*Downloads*

I only played a little bit of it so far, but when I did play there was no starting weapon. I only had the Shield Gun (and Translocator if turned on) to spawn with. Would be nice if the weapons had their own icons. I'm not sure if I ever heard of these "realize" weapons before, the ones in this mod, so I guess I can give some creative points for not using the same M-16s, MP5s, Ak-47s, etc. However, I'll give better feedback when I play some more latter.

Edit 2: The weapon should auto-reload after the clip is epmty rather then having to bind it to a key.

Last edited:

RegularX

Master of Dagoth Lies
Feb 2, 2000
Chicago, IL
I don't care about maps and skins.

It would be cool if you had a umod installer, or at least a zip that didn't assume that I had somehow magically installed UT2003 into a RemoteStrike directory *before* I downloaded it ...

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
oh good, a realism mod...... not to put down your mod or anything, but realism is a genre heavily OVERdone.

Questions:

1. Is it a total conversion?

2. Can the weapons be used properly by being summoned?

2b. If yes, what are the summon lines to them?

Last edited by a moderator:

Romanov

May 8, 2003
UK
hi,
its not a realism mod there are no real life weapons in it, you can summon weapons although you can just use switch arsenal which is included in the download, there is no remote strike directory, once u open the zip just copy and paste the UT2003 folder in the download onto the c drive if youve installed ut2003 by default and click yes to overwrite, and thast it its installed. There is a map included CTF_Denali Pass by Toonces :)

Parser

Hello
May 7, 2002
England baby!
fraghouse.beyondunreal.com
Yo, Romanov, tried out the mod, it's not perfect, but you could make it better. I can think of a few methods, so I'll list 'em here.

1. The pistol 1st person model's arms stick out a bit when reloading and drawing the weapon - any way you can draw the arms back further so you don't view black stumps when this happens?

2. Sniper rifle bounces too much :)p). Not to be picky here, but it's hard to concentrate on ducking and firing when the rifle looks like the holder is running a marathon. ;)

3. Maybe if you rearrange some of the weapon slots (just a thought) - usually, the lower-slot weapons are reserved for lighter hardware such as pistols and the higher slots for big, powerful moola guns such as sniper rifles and machine guns.

4. (Edit) Um.. perhaps you could drastically reduce the file size by NOT including Toonce's map? Then the people who just want to download the weapons mod (especially 56kers like me) will have an easier ride. You could always give a link on your site to the map or something. :)

And Nem, stop being so paranoid. :p
If you look around you, most mods that claim to be realism mods for UT2003 are actually quite good - EG Face-Off and now Remote Strike.
Just cause you don't like a particular, admittedly overdone genre, doesn't mean you should bash that fact around every time a mod is released. :) (And don't take it personally or anything, I'm just saying.)
Just my $0.02

Last edited:

Swift Viper

As Parser said, the weapon slots should be changed around. Other things you should add is small weapon surport, as of now it is the same. Give the pistol ammo a new model, not the rocket ammo. Again, new icons. There is no redeemer replacement and maybe Ion Cannon too. Add a starting weapon, remove the sheild gun or replace it with something else as it does not fit in. Some of the weapon placements seems a bit odd, shotgun should replace Flak Cannon, as the FC is normally place where it is useful and because the shotgun is a close range weapon too, it would also be useful to be placed there. As another said, remove the map from the download and put it as it's own download, not everyone wants the map, just the mutator. It should also tone down the filesize a lot.

How come two shotguns are needed? Besides the flashlight on one, they both do mainly the same thing. Again, auto-reload would be nice after running out of ammo.

Romanov

May 8, 2003
UK
HI all,
Some good feedback here in the next release
-the map wont be included but an adjusted one will be linked to
-the bounce on the sniper rifle is fixed
-good point on weapon slots Ill do that
-reduce file size mr evil sent me a tip on this as the map wont change for the new version it wont need to be included also i can change the lod on the meshes which will reduce the file size alot.
-pistol ammo is fixed has a pistol mesh now
-mutator starts with shieldgun has been changed
-the shotguns are going to differ more just not with this release
-new icons are being done

hope that covers it ;)
cheers
Romanov

Nemephosis

Aug 10, 2000
You could also take out SwitchArsenal. Some of us already have a favourite weaponswitcher, and that one ain't it. ;)

We download your mod to get your mod, not other stuff we don't want. :p

Romanov

May 8, 2003
UK
Hi,
It wont ship with the next release but I wanted to include everything a Noob required to get the most out of it, alot of people have mailed me to say they liked the fact that everything was included, SA is a very small part of the download it wouldnt really make much difference at all, besides SA6 can do more than weapon switch , you can configure classes in it which is fun online and allows the mutator to play like a mod which I think is cool. Anyway it was a noob friendly thing to do which I wanted to do we were all noobs once ;)

now that Ive included the map and various stuf in the initial release they wont be appearing agin it will simply be the packages that have changed from now on .
cheers
Romanov

Nemephosis

Aug 10, 2000
I would bet it uses flak projectiles at extreme speeds, and the game recognizes it as flak code and gives the corresponsing message. Just a pure guess though. I really don't know for sure. ;)

Romanov

May 8, 2003
UK
Its a dam type thing, not really a bug as it doesnt break anything or stop the code from working, its fixed in the new version , what more weapons?!?! actually theres 13 weapons completed like the mortar, gren launcher, mine layer etc but the big problem is skinning, Ive got 1 guy whos cool at it but hes busy and cant do all of them if i get another skinner then there will be more weapons for sure ;)

Swift Viper

In other words, your making explosive weapons now? When I was playing Invasion and I use the alt fire on the Defender 500 Camouflage Shotgun when a monster was right next to me, I killed myself when I had over 150 health. I know you put this in for realize, but it seems like you get hurt too easily when using some of the guns (but I like the spread on the shotgun).

As for the damage type thing, the only way it could have happen is if he for somewhere left the few lines of code to play the sound after getting a lot of kills with the weapon, but the damage type is different, the only way to get different deathmessages. I did not mean to make it sound like a bug as it had nothing to do with gameplay and did not mess up anything, that is why I put "" around it.

Romanov

May 8, 2003
UK
Hmm yes the self damage thing is a bit of a problem, Im thinking at the moment to take this out as you say for game types like invasion it can be quite close up, about the bug thats fine I didnt know whenther you knew the difference obviously you did, its fixed now though, I reckon Ill take out the self damage and limit it to only certain weapons like the mg it will be taken off for the shotgun in the next release , btw I orginally did the weapon pack for Invasion which I think is a very cool mode of play ;)

vasilii

Aug 31, 2003
few remarks

Sorry for my english (it isn't my first lang.) I'm too lasy to go thruogh spell check.

1. I usualy play with weapon in the center and with reduced size checked on. So for your mod I had to sweach to riight side weapon view althou all mod's weapons have center view and for some of them it was well done , still most of them looked too weared (strange) in center cetting.

2. I saw someone was complaining about too many reallistic mod,
But so far all mods made for UT2003 are total convertions. And there is no way we can enjoy standart ut2 modes (CTF,TDM,DM,DOM) with those weapons. I'll be happy to see M4 and AK74M making it to next virsion.

3 I have to agree with ppl above, the file is a bit TOO big don't inclued anything besides weapon

4. I hope you won't make total convirtion out of you mod/mutator in future ( personaly I don't understend why there are ppl spending their time on total convirtion reallism mods, WHEN THERE ARE REVEN SHEILD and AMERICAN ARMY op avallible)

Keep up a good job , looking forward to next relice

Swift Viper

vasilii said:
I'll be happy to see M4 and AK74M making it to next virsion.
I think all the weapons were something he made up and putting in "real" realize weapons would make it the same as most other realize stuff out there, not trying to pick on you or anything, plus he has the final say in what happens. The weapons thesleves are not real, but they work like real weapons. I honstly think more realize mods should use their own weapons, but still keep it "real" by having the weapons work realize, recoil, reloading, etc.