Remember Stargate Worlds?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
That interesting looking Unreal Engine 3 MMO that has been delayed countless times? Well, it is STILL not coming out, but another side project by Cheyenne Mountain Entertainment and published by FireSky powered by Unreal Engine 3 is Stargate: Resistance. A PC only Stargate shooter that will be released only in digital form. Unfortunately, it looks like the only way to get the game will be for $19.95 through IGN's Direct2Drive. Let's hope that Steam gets added to that sometime before the game's February 10th release date (yes, two days from today).

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
It doesn't look too great to be honest. I am more interested in Stargate Worlds and see how that turns out. But even then, MMO games aren't my cup of tea (And since I don't drink tea, well it's got to be really awesome then)

UnixPimp

Jan 22, 2003
Visit site
The game looks interesting from the videos and screenshots.

I would rather purchase it off Steam than IGN's Direct2Drive.

Wow, a preference for Steam. A few years ago very few people would say that. ;)

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
Yeah that game sucks, from what I've seen. The old Stargate alliance was better, even though it suffered from some jerky animations and stuff in the trailer and probably wasn't THAT cool after all, it was at least something. But they cancelled it you know.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
:lol:

is this your official review?
:lol: It might as well be.

Honestly, I played this game for a while, and it never got better. The weapons are unbalanced, the gameplay is shoddy and feels totally mushy, the controls are horrid, the menu system is laughable everything about playing this game is bad.

Add to that the fact that the models look like they came out of a UT mod (yes the original UT), the levels look crappy and play crappier, the game performs like Crysis on a Pentium 4, it has essentially no ragdoll physics, the lighting is shabby, the texture detail is poor (which is funny because the extremities of the level look decent, the interiors do not)......

I could keep complaining about this game but it is futile. I can't even begin to express to you the number of things they would have to change to make this game palpable, let alone playable.