Reinstalled, try to join and.. CRASH!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

zombiewoof

Rokk Fiddler, Farmer
Oct 2, 2003
Oaksterdam, California
Visit site
CPU: AuthenticAMD Unknown processor @ 2413 MHz with 2046MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce 7950 GT (7516)

BrowserMonkey Transient.UIConsole0.BrowserMonkey0 (Function U2.BrowserMonkey.QueryFinished:002D) Runaway loop detected (over 1000000 iterations)

History: FFrame::Serialize <- UObject::processEvent <- (BrowserMonkey Transient.UIConsole0.BrowserMonkey0, Function U2.BrowserMonkey.QueryFinished) <- UObject::processDelegate <- FTcpLink::ReceivePendingData <- FTcpLink::poll <- AMasterServerClient::poll <- AMasterServerLink::execPoll <- UObject::processEvent <- (MasterServerClient Entry.MasterServerClient0, Function IpDrv.MasterServerLink.Tick) <- AActor::Tick <- TickAllActors <- ULevel::Tick <- (NetMode=0) <- TickLevel <- UGameEngine::Tick <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop

Build: Jan 19 2004 14:03:03
Log file:\\MegaMonkey\Vol1\Projects\U2XMP\Logs\IGORASUS_igor_20080624041959.log

I ran "XMP-MS-config-104". came with the community install.

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
You're trying to see the server list, right? Well, that's a known problem then, happens to me too. But the message won't say too much actually, see IGORASUS_igor_20080624041959.log

Dusty

Jun 3, 2008
Look in [IpDrv.MasterServerLink] in U2XMP.ini and MYU2XMP.ini if the lines are not duplicate. If yes erase the lines duplicated in one or other of the files.It is needed one link to the master server not two or crash.

Last edited:

EQ²

Code Monkey
Oct 30, 2004
Near Birmingham, UK
www.teambse.co.uk
ran the master config, crash (this screwed up the whole thing.had to reinstall again).
Is there an .ini file adjustment? Been so long.
I can run the game as a server just fine but when I try to join it crashes.
If you try to run XMP-MS-Config on an un-patched (pre-7710) XMP installation all hell will break loose. The preferred method is to use the community edition installer which is pre-patched, comes with XMP-MS-Config already done as well as some additional bonus features. Do not run XMP-MS-Config on a community edition install because it over-writes some files that it shouldn't, the functionality is already included and you will be prompted to run WebUpdate when you first run XMP.

Aside from that, the reason you may get a crash when viewing the server list is that Omen's MS appears to have gone down and this is confusing the one that's left running somewhat. When I get some free time I will set up another master server on a spare dedibox and update the WebUpdate list to ditch Omen's master server. In the mean time if you or anyone you know runs an XMP server then get them to uplink only to ms.aybab2u.com:27900.

Last edited:

zombiewoof

Rokk Fiddler, Farmer
Oct 2, 2003
Oaksterdam, California
Visit site
OK. Thanks. Meanwhile, I was going to use xfire, but it seems to want to look for u2xmp.exe in a "/system/systems" folder (trying to detect the game manually), so I still can't play. Should i reinstall both xfire and the xmp community installer er.. what?

takwu

cXp coder Tak®
Feb 5, 2004
www.mif.vu.lt
Yay EQ2 will fix it :D

So you said upload only to ms.aybab2u.com, does that mean it will show up in the list in game? Cos at this time even your server (EQ2's) is only showing on the web based ms, but not the in game list...

zombiewoof

Rokk Fiddler, Farmer
Oct 2, 2003
Oaksterdam, California
Visit site
OK.
I actually got on chaper1,(using xfire) and played with Gabby for a couple of maps. Then I crashed many times trying many things and got this:

No Label

BrowserMonkey Transient.UIConsole0.BrowserMonkey0 (Function U2.BrowserMonkey.QueryFinished:002D) Runaway loop detected (over 1000000 iterations)

History: FFrame::Serialize <- UObject::processEvent <- (BrowserMonkey Transient.UIConsole0.BrowserMonkey0, Function U2.BrowserMonkey.QueryFinished) <- UObject::processDelegate <- FTcpLink::ReceivePendingData <- FTcpLink::poll <- AMasterServerClient::poll <- AMasterServerLink::execPoll <- UObject::processEvent <- (MasterServerClient Entry.MasterServerClient0, Function IpDrv.MasterServerLink.Tick) <- AActor::Tick <- TickAllActors <- ULevel::Tick <- (NetMode=0) <- TickLevel <- UGameEngine::Tick <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop

Log file:\\MegaMonkey\Vol1\Projects\U2XMP\Logs\IGORASUS_igor_20080629071221.log

even when xfire did start the game, the connection would fail then I would go to "play online", and I would iether get a total machine crash leaving me helpless, yet mouse active in the server "joining" screen and I have to hard reboot, or it crashes and I get the log above.

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
No Label? Now that's odd. And it says "QueryFinished", bad time for an error. And this is not a log, it's only an error message. Like I've said, open the log that is in the last line of the error message.

zombiewoof

Rokk Fiddler, Farmer
Oct 2, 2003
Oaksterdam, California
Visit site
Look in [IpDrv.MasterServerLink] in U2XMP.ini and MYU2XMP.ini if the lines are not duplicate. If yes erase the lines duplicated in one or other of the files.It is needed one link to the master server not two or crash.

Did that and got this:
No Label

Log file:\\MegaMonkey\Vol1\Projects\U2XMP\Logs\WOOFASUS_woof_20080702103038.log

Dusty

Jun 3, 2008
my log with forced crash landing containing 2 calls of the master server one in u2xmp.ini and the same one in Myu2xmp.ini

No Label

CPU: GenuineIntel PentiumPro-class processor @ 2669 MHz with 2046MB RAM
Video: ATI Radeon HD 2900 PRO (6806)

Hist.: FFrame::Serialize <- UObject::processEvent <- (BrowserMonkey Transient.UIConsole0.BrowserMonkey0, Function U2.BrowserMonkey.QueryFinished) <- UObject::processDelegate <- FTcpLink::ReceivePendingData <- FTcpLink::poll <- AMasterServerClient::poll <- AMasterServerLink::execPoll <- UObject::processEvent <- (MasterServerClient Entry.MasterServerClient0, Function IpDrv.MasterServerLink.Tick) <- AActor::Tick <- TickAllActors <- ULevel::Tick <- (NetMode=0) <- TickLevel <- UGameEngine::Tick <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop

Log file:\\MegaMonkey\Vol1\Projects\U2XMP\Logs\Dusty_20080702205833.log