Reflections on life...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Cammy

Nymphomaniac
Nov 24, 1999
Singapore
Visit site
There's been another big quake in Turkey again.

Such things sure make you wonder about life. Why do such terrible things happen to us? What's life all about?

Hmmm, I'm sure the Nali think a lot about these questions, too...

O

OFUpYours

The answer(s) are simple.....if you understand the language.
Another good question from you Cammy..you seem to be very curious in this area...thats good...perhaps you will be fortunate enough to be led to the right answers. Many will not...and many wont care or even be concerned.
But know that the correct answer will NOT be something you can rationalize or make sense of....at least initially.
Later.. /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

THE**WRAITH_DS

Nov 10, 1999
Visit site
People do not realize just how little control they have ,when something tragic happens like it did over in Turkey.. I know all of us probably feel remorse about what happen, but when it comes down to it if the tables were turned and it was us instead of them would you truly feel the same way then as you feel right now!! I think all things in life happen for a reason that is far beyond our control.. Eventually as sad and tragic as it might sound all good things must come to an end, thats right total world destruction there is nothing in all our powers that can stop that final moment. That last gasp of air that last walk through a park or that last goodbye to a love one .. Sadness covers this great earth right now and if it does not change it will only get worse..So think happy thoughts /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif and live like there is a tommorrow /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

bullet2.gif

Wraith :\ An apparition of a living person in his exact likeness seen usually just before his death. :\ Ghost, Spector

[This message has been edited by The-Wraith (edited 11-14-1999).]

TheRock

The Official BuF MASCOT
Nov 10, 1999
Smackdown Hotel
members.ud.com
The Rock doesn't believe in fate.
The Rock believes one can control your destiny to a point. Mother Nature is just controlling hers. And Turkey is known for
Earthquakes. Certain areas of this planet just are more subsceptible to earthquakes.
The Rock doesn't plan on living in any one of them.

bullet2.gif

The Rock is without a shadow of a doubt the most elecrtifying poster in PlanetUnreal Entertainment in the world today.

Aug 19, 1999
PA, USA
Visit site
Yeah we'll see how big of a shame it is when the world is over populated. Face it, if no one died, we all die from over population. It's unfortunate when someone dies early, yet if you choose to live in an area prone to earthquakes, that's what you get. You choose to smoke, you might die early. As long as you had fun during your time, why's it matter when you go? Let's look at death. If you believe you just become nothing, you won't miss out on anything cause you won't know you're gone. If you believe in God and obeyed him, you'll go to heaven and I highly doubt you'll miss this rat hole in heaven. /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif If you believe in God and you were naughty and go to hell, well you knew better so you should of confessed your sins and tried to live a better life. It's that way with all religions, you go to a better place according to them so what would yoou miss? There's also reincarnation and in that case you'll be back so why worry? /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif The only reason one would fear death is if they're not quite sure hell exists or deep down they do think it exists even if they won't admit it so they don't want to end up there any ealier than possible. Besides, the real people to pity are those that'll be around when the sun burns out and this place turns into an ice cube over time while they starve.

bullet2.gif

"During S&M play, be sure to have a "safety word"
to prevent injury, death or allergic reaction."
-PCXL

O

OFUpYours

Uhh Toad...being good or naughty has got nothing to do with salvation...just thought you should know. /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

L_S

Nov 24, 1999
Well UY, could you let us in on your little secret to salvation?

bullet2.gif

If you got any problems with what I gotta say, please feel free to click here.

Aug 19, 1999
PA, USA
Visit site
Well the point is UY, you shouldn't worry about death unless you think something bad is gonna happen to you which probably means you think you've done something wrong. I'm not saying those people deserved it though, just that it's not like it's the worst thing in the world when people die. Besides, you can't avoid it so why shorten your life worrying about it. /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

bullet2.gif

"During S&M play, be sure to have a "safety word"
to prevent injury, death or allergic reaction."
-PCXL

O

OFUpYours

Well salvation, based up the Biblical point of view is based upon "Who" you "choose" to believe in....and thats it. Simple huh?
You don't earn your way to Heaven by the kind of life you lead or how many good things (human viewpoint) you do.....and you dont lose your salvation by screwing up...one time or a 1000....the Bible says their is only one "unpardonable" sin (Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit) which translated in simpler terms is the rejection of Christ...in other words...those who refuse to believe in Him.
Simple stuff huh?
So simple many cannot understand it....we've been taught all our life theres no free lunch....thats why you see churches today caught up in all types of legalisms (things you have to do to have favor in God's eye)...the fact of the matter is there is NOTHING you or anybody can do to help God along....He, on the other hand can do alot for you...here and now....and later.
Thats Grace
Look...actually theres tons and tons of information on this and other subjects and I dont EVEN wanna argue or debate this....and wont. But thats it in a nutshell..and ....you asked. /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif
I would hope on a sensitive issue thread like this has turned out to be that contributors can be mature and speak their opinions without slammin somebody else on that person's point of view....I'll be surprised if it stays civil...usually these type of threads turn out to be highly argumentative and too much emotion...and they ultimately cause tough feelings between people that otherwise didnt have any.....we'll see.

Cammy

Nymphomaniac
Nov 24, 1999
Singapore
Visit site
If there is life after death, then the tragedies of life become explainable and you can face life with courage and hope, whatever life may throw in your face. If there isn't, everything becomes completely futile. It will make zero difference whether you choose to be good or bad.

Been reading a book recently about near-death experiences. Real inspiring. /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

bullet2.gif

Yoooouuuu wanna daaaannce?...

O

OFUpYours

Well Cammy, the problem many have is their system of beliefs is based upon empericism, which is forming opinions based upon practical experience or rationalization...but learning about things you cant see, or touch is more difficult..at least in the beginning. The first time you saw a trigonometry equation you were probably overwhelmed but after it was explained to you then it made alot more sense and you could then begin to understand trig....learning about the Bible is no different...but its a system of learning based upon faith...only after committing to doing so do things start to make sense in that area....as a matter of fact ..many things start to make sense that didnt before. But you learn by faith and study...not by someone showing you something or arriving at a conclusion by empericism.
The basic breakdown is as follows:
1st...someone has to teach the scripture..the translated ver done by King James in 1670 contains many translational errors...so the Conei greek is the preferred source..and the oldest on record. The Greek language is 5 times more scientific than English so therefore when a passage is explained there is only ONE exact meaning and no translational issues. Anyway, the passage is communicated to you and you understand what is being communicated...this is the 1st step.
2nd..after receiving the info you then choose, on your own free voalition, whether you believe it or not...and this is the critical part. If you choose to believe then the info is transferred into your soul (spirit) and recycled back into your mind as a frame of reference..to be used in everyday life. This is where the good stuff happens. Just hearing the Word without having faith to believe it is useless. Yes, you can quote scripture and everybody might be impressed that you appear to know so much, but really you have learned nothing. The more Biblee Doctrine you take in the more you learn...if its done as described above..the Greeks call this (nosis..step 1) and (epinosis..step 2)...its epinosis the Christians gains from.
Now to those who belive other wise...what I just said will seems silly and ridiculous...and thats normal. Because one does not understand based upon our normal learning systems like taste, touch , see and so on.
Another problem with many churches today of all denominations is that there is little actual Bible study being developed...out of the 1hr or so spent there much of the time is either used for social announcements, singing and the like..which there is nothing wrong with...but you are not learning anything. There is also an abundance of preachers that preach opinionated sermons...rather than strict Bible interpretation...why? Becuase there are things clearly stated in there that go against modern trends...and most preachers do not want to risk alienating the congregation because of financial reasons...
There is a major difference between a preacher and a teacher...a teacher is what one should look for..and that may or may not be found in the church around the corner.
To those of you who think what I say is crazy I respect your beliefs and would never make fun of them....that is your business. I hope you will give me the same respect and allow 2 people to dicuss an interesting subject without persecution over it. This is much more interesrting than anything Ive seen posted here....in my opinion I mean.

Anyway, Cammy there is much information...info that breaks all the stereotyping of Christians..like "turn the other cheek".."the meek shall inherit the earth","thou shalt not kill"...when studied correctly you find that these actually mean and refer to situations that have little or nothing to do with you...here in the church age. Studying the Bible is the most interesting thing Ive ever done....Ive done it for years and Ive only scratched the surface...its incredible whats in there.
If you are attracted to this then I suggest you find a good Bible teacher and start learning....
My ICQ is 34568440...I know of a Bible ministry that will send you a collection of 84 tapes....and although basic stuff, you will come away with an understanding about God and why you are here and probably know more than most who have gone to church all their life...
There is no charge and nobody calls or send you anything..as grace should be. And it doesnt mean you have to quit blowing players up in UT..lol. Yes, you can still play Unreal without having a guilty conscience...you see how religion has confused the world? LOL!