Red Orchestra: Heroes of Stalingrad Q&A; Free Killing Floor DLC Coming

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
A Big Download interview with Tripwire Interactive's John Gibson and Alan Wilson reveals new details on Red Orchestra: Heroes of Stalingrad and their work on a new free DLC pack for Killing Floor. When asked why they'd consider sticking with the World War 2 setting, Wilson replied,

Because everyone else has ignored WWII for a while now, would be one answer. The other is that we still believe that we are tapping into a huge volume of scenarios that have never seen the light of day before. At least, outside Russia. Besides, WWII is still such a great period for a wide variety of combat.

Gibson wraps up the Q&A with the revelation that some free Killing Floor DLC is in the works as well.

We're cranking away on a new free content pack for Killing Floor right now. The content pack will feature some more of the best custom maps from the Grindhouse Mapping Competition polished up for official release. The content pack will also feature something new for the Firebug (although probably not something people will expect). We've also been listening to the community, and have a whole batch of balance changes we're working on for the release. Regarding plans for a Killing Floor sequel, well I would say something but there is a Fleshpound with a glowing red chest and spinning arm blades behind me threatening to grind me up if I say anything.

tomcat ha

Feb 2, 2002
Visit site
the release date of the new RO is more and less confirmed to be somewhere in 2011. Most likely q2.

I am curious what the dlc will be. I do like playing with the firebug.