Red Faction: Armageddon

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Vaskadar

It's time I look back from outer space
Feb 12, 2008
Fort Lauderdale, FL
CLICK FIRST 6-minute Demo

[m]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4ws0Pm5V1I[/m]

Less Saints Row, more Red Faction. Lots of underground sections, but some surface sections... should be interesting. May 17th, 2011.

We'll see how it goes. TH?

Last edited:

Fuzzle

spam noob
Jan 29, 2006
Norway
1284043397807423.png

Sindarin

I posted in the RO-me thread
and all I got was
a pink username!
Apr 15, 2004
really don't care about this game.

Agreed. Red Faction Guerrilla did nothing for me. Besides, The Witcher 2 comes out the same day. I already know what I'll be playing.

togmkn

tog-em-kay-en
Jun 9, 2004
Salt Lake City, UT
I guess I'm in the third camp: I thought Guerrilla was pretty good, but am not really excited for the new one. The reviews could change my mind, though.

But I am excited for the TV show, which I think is still on for March.

I've always liked the Red Factions games, in good times or bad. In regards to Guerrilla...I made a post about that on the Rate The Last Game You Blah thread after I finished it and I haven't touched it since. The degree to which you can destroy buildings and the sheer amusement of doing so is the game's lone strength, and certainly was more than enough for me to play it from beginning to end with a wicked smile on my face. Sadly, the rest of the game kinda sucked. The whole constantly-being-shot-from-every-direction-as-I-run-around was boring and repetitive in Infamous and it was in Red Faction 3, only Guerrilla let me drive through a building in a dump truck and break through the other side like Jackie Chan did in Mr. Nice Guy. I didn't think much of the multiplayer, which was a first for me.

I welcome a new Red Faction game. They just gotta work on the other stuff besides the awesome geo-mod.

Vaskadar

Feb 12, 2008
Fort Lauderdale, FL
I'm a Red Faction nut. Ever since the first one, I've enjoyed the series. While RF1 was pretty advanced for its time, its successor had several very basic improvements: regenerating health, simpler HUD... etc. (not including the lessened destructibility), but RF2 did NOT have online multiplayer, which hurt the longevity of the game.

Red Faction: Guerrilla had me playing through it multiple times, perhaps I was obsessed with the game, but open-world got boring after a while... that, and getting matches going online became progressively more difficult. I'm interested in what's in store as far as SP goes, but I remain a skeptic as far as MP is concerned.

Armageddon's development path is straying from that saint's row **** that rubbed off on Guerrilla, fortunately.

Last edited:

Vaskadar

Feb 12, 2008
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Yeah, and MP was actually pretty well balanced for what it was. Rather arcadey, and join-in progress was made impossible by the amount of data required for transferring the destruction info, which really killed MP.

Grinder was my weapon of choice. TBH, having a jetpack and grinder made it really feel like Tribes.

that's cool, you weren't supposed to be out in teh open the whole time though.
It even said so.

Yeah I remember that, but I don't know where else they expected me to go :) Heck, even when I wasn't out in the open I got shot. And shot. Luckily Alex Mason (name?) has Wolverine's healing factor, but that's not really an excuse for shoddy combat systems. It also didn't help that hitting guys with cars or blowing things up near them did little more than knock them down for a second or two, so I had to end up running and gunning anyway.

Mar 19, 2002
Denver Co. USA
Visit site
man, I had some hard times, but nothing that made me quit the game.

You find a different way to come at the situation, or you say **** it, and move on with another mission.

That's cool though, sometimes games just don't work right, and I've been pretty dickish and drunk tonight and I apologize.

Last edited:
I didn't quit the game because of anything. It was just that it was one of those times where I was 50/50 on what I really liked and what annoyed the crap outta me. I think I destroyed just about every structure in the game (and then hit the pieces with a hammer) before the credits rolled, so the urge to go back to Mars for a 2nd play through just wasn't there for me.

I liked the first two plenty, even though the 2nd wasn't on Mars.

Last edited: