**RECOMMENDED** Enhanced Drivers for your Video Card (ATI, nVIDIA, 3Dfx)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Swedix

Retired from UT2004
Apr 19, 2000
In position
Zoeff said:
Hmmmm,

I've got the GeForce FX 5950 Ultra...
What driver should i use for the best FPS ? (in ut2004)

I'm running on the official drivers atm ...

It's only you who can tell us by testing.

Unregistered User
Nov 2, 2004
So which of these drivers would work best on my PCI VisionTek Radeon 9200 w/256mb of vRAM? I'm about to get Doom 3, and since I have a pci video card, Im gona do all those advanced tweaking options and read all the tweaking tuts, and of course decompress the pak files... So which of these drivers are the fastest/best and would get me a double digit fps on doom 3? (on lowest settings of course at 640x480)

rajput_warrior

The World's Favorite Flak Monkey
Feb 26, 2004
BC, Canada
1339 said:
So which of these drivers would work best on my PCI VisionTek Radeon 9200 w/256mb of vRAM? I'm about to get Doom 3, and since I have a pci video card, Im gona do all those advanced tweaking options and read all the tweaking tuts, and of course decompress the pak files... So which of these drivers are the fastest/best and would get me a double digit fps on doom 3? (on lowest settings of course at 640x480)

for ati's and doom 3's i recommend the latest omega's great for domm 3 and you should disable the extra 256 of ram to get some speed increase, it is useless with your card

Unregistered User
Nov 2, 2004
rajput_warrior said:
for ati's and doom 3's i recommend the latest omega's great for domm 3 and you should disable the extra 256 of ram to get some speed increase, it is useless with your card
Why would I get rid of vram to get a speed increase??

rajput_warrior

The World's Favorite Flak Monkey
Feb 26, 2004
BC, Canada
because the video card isnt fast enough to take advantage of the extra memory, trust me, try it, you have nothing to lose, my buddy did it with his 9600xt and got an extra 5-10 average fps

edhe

..dadhe..
Jun 12, 2000
Scotland
www.clanci.net
Try physically disconnecting the non-important onboard ram that all textures get used from and see how fast that goes!!!

Obligatory 'yes i'm being sarky' comment

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
I took all the RAM out of my computer once and it ran fast as SH*T. All that unbridled power from the processor just spinning in place doing absolutely nothing as fast as it possibly could... It even used hyper-threading so it could do nothing twice at the same time! Damn, it was a sight to see. :eek:

I used to have the Omega drivers. Wasn't impressed. Saw absolutely no difference whatsoever, and to top it off, every so often, all the tabs under the advanced display properties would disappear. I'm back on official Catalysts now. I also tossed around the thought of overclocking my GPU, mainly because the little application that was running and testing my FPS reported a 40+ increase, but I was too wussy to do something like that with the current state of my case and cooling.