raptor power

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

raptor needs nos

• hell yeah, it has the power of a lawnmower at the moment.

Votes: 20 87.0%
  • no thank you, i still drive with my grandma in the backseat.

Votes: 3 13.0%

• Total voters

[LNS]Jubei

DeMoN HuNTeR
Jan 22, 2004
shouldn't the raptor have a little more traction power to go up the hills.
I find it silly that i have to waste a full boost to get to the top because it just don't wanna go up there,
i tried the same hills as xmp and the new raptor just lacks in power to do the same jumps.

dutch_gecko

Think Pink
Jun 16, 2004
www.dutch-gecko.co.uk
It seems that the raptor doesnt accelerate quite as quickly, but has a higher top speed...
I don't know if UT uses gears in the vehicles at all, but if it does we probably need lower gear ratios overall.

Gumby

Pretty in Pink!
Feb 29, 2004
A long long way from home...
It's the traction and weight that it needs really. The two tend to go hand in hand though. You can see the wheels spinning if you try to accelerate up an incline... Which looks cool :D If only the screeching was there too... ;)

.pot.OptimusPrime

Philosopher stoned
Nov 1, 2004
Finland
Definitely NO. It just removed the last hint of sensibility when you could jump to enemy´s base in NaKoja over almost vertical cliff. Raptor needs proper physics modelling and more limited surface on which it can move (compared with U2 of course). It´s better for everyone when vehicle behavior is more predictable. I think raptor boost shouldn´t be an instant kick on the arse, I prefer more a slower and smoother acceleration. Waiting for intense raptor chasing scenes...

EDIT: Jubei, your polls suck BTW

[LNS]Jubei

DeMoN HuNTeR
Jan 22, 2004
they might suck but at least i'm bringing up important balancing stuff instead of just saying to someone they suck.

+ if you want real vehicle physics then you might want to look for another game, it's xmp ffs, if you want reality remove the boost jumps, dodges, wall jumps, jumppads, teleports, etc, etc,....

if you want a fun and fast frantic game of teamplay then it are these little polls that suck that could make the difference for balancing things out.

Last edited by a moderator:

heavy_wargod

destructive poppets!!
Nov 25, 2004
well I don't like it that the raptor can't get upside down :( I'ts always funny if a raptor lands on it's head :p

Fleury14

Lei STILL sux. It's true.
Jan 6, 2003
Fresno, CA
Visit site
The raptors top speed make enough of an instant capture should you actually find one, it doesn't need the assistance of instant acceleration as well. Otherwise all you have to do is hop in a raptor, push sprint blindly, and poof, yr gone? At least give the guy a chance to shoot the vehicle.

[PE] Bender

Used Register
Feb 19, 2004
Terra/Sol
I think it also to do something with the "suspension" of both Versions. The U2XMP Raptor is a far better "Offroad" Vehicle than the UTXMP Raptor - which would have a great handling if there where any Roads on the Maps :). And i miss the Powerslides of the U2 Version .

Its odd when you look at how vehicles are right now. In U2 the Harby was the worst Vehicle to drive. In the current UTXMP Version it seems to be the best choice :)!

But i doubt we see the final Versions of the Vehicles - those will change IMO.

[LNS]Jubei

DeMoN HuNTeR
Jan 22, 2004
Fleury14 said:
The raptors top speed make enough of an instant capture should you actually find one, it doesn't need the assistance of instant acceleration as well. Otherwise all you have to do is hop in a raptor, push sprint blindly, and poof, yr gone? At least give the guy a chance to shoot the vehicle.

i do it all the time in utxmp, maybe they should make it so that if you enter the vehicle you're boost has to build up first to max before you can use it.
As it is now it's so damn easy to do a boost jump to a raptor,enter it and boost away like a plane.

PETsnake

www.p3t.org bitch
Feb 25, 2004
i miss the 180* powerslides and nasty turns you used to be able to pull off. . .hitting the breaks before waS like pulling an e-brake, now its like a gentle deceleration, and f@#$ trying to turn. . .

also, after playing 2k4, i think they just 'borrowed' the raptor physics/movement from one of the vehicles in that game, (pssst, raptors move differently). . . :eek:

Last edited:

.pot.OptimusPrime

Philosopher stoned
Nov 1, 2004
Finland
I´m not calling for realism when I say that raptor needs more predictable behavior when compared with U2. If the buggy doesn´t have instant acceleration, it´s much cooler and driving brings much more joy as it is healty variation to ordinary gameplay. Four-wheel slidings, skiddings and insane stunts were the ones that made the biggest laughters burst out. It was pity that raptors were pretty unlogical concerning damage modeling. Landing on wheels did nothing but little bumb in front blew it up. In a nutshell: better vehicle modelling is more nub friendly (=herecy to say this in positive manner...), is funnier, reduces clear exploitations and improves gameplay in general.

[DF]phalanx

bgutblower=true
Aug 15, 2002
manchester uk
Visit site
no raptors that flip over please
harbys were bad enough
i just want my u2xmp raptor back (without the die instantly when hit wall thing)
not one that turns like a truck, has tires made of extra spring rubber so if u hit something u go up

[LNS]Jubei

DeMoN HuNTeR
Jan 22, 2004
.pot.OptimusPrime said:
I´m not calling for realism when I say that raptor needs more predictable behavior when compared with U2. If the buggy doesn´t have instant acceleration, it´s much cooler and driving brings much more joy as it is healty variation to ordinary gameplay. Four-wheel slidings, skiddings and insane stunts were the ones that made the biggest laughters burst out. It was pity that raptors were pretty unlogical concerning damage modeling. Landing on wheels did nothing but little bumb in front blew it up. In a nutshell: better vehicle modelling is more nub friendly (=herecy to say this in positive manner...), is funnier, reduces clear exploitations and improves gameplay in general.

i understand you now

and

i agree

the damage model is silly indeed as you can ram into walls and have no damage at all, you can raptor chute in alcazar but there's no chute needed as the raptor lands with no damag at all,
about you're instant acceleration

the more i think about a boost meter that has to built up before you can use it the more i like it
what does the rest think of it?

[LNS]Jubei

DeMoN HuNTeR
Jan 22, 2004
dutch_gecko said:
Can we have it so that if you steer too fast after boosting the raptor flips sideways?

Stupid idea I know :p

you can't flip but you can do some insane one sided wheelie driving