RA is recruiting.....sortof.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

RA-clarkycat

Dec 21, 2000
www.raclan.f2s.com
RA, a new clan, is recruiting. RA is better described as a community rather than a clan, as we are non competitive, although we will play other clans but purely for fun. We participate in members games near enough every weekend, and the emphasis is always on fun. Basically, if you want to come along on weekends and play Unreal and UT the good ol' fashioned 'fun' way, then goto:
http://www.raclan.f2s.com
Anybody who meets the requirements will be accepted, but you must read them first BEFORE subimiting a request. We have no trials, examinations etc. Anyone, of any skill, is allowed to join. But remember that we will not be entering into ladders, competitions etc. If you wish to be in a competitive clan, you shall have to go elsewhere.

btw, members of other clans are also allowed to join, if you wish to have a break from the strains of competitive clan play.

thanks. -Clarkycat

My_Oozing_Eye|PuF

The Original Brother Ooze!
Apr 7, 2000
Minneapolis, MN, USA
Visit site
ummmm... so how will it work?

Well it sounds like a great idea but how will it work? Do you just scrimmage other clans? Who organizes the scrimmages? Who decides who gets to play? Will RA just play organized games amongst itself? (kinda like fragPU)

I'd love to play more organized CTF... hell I'd love to play in a clan... but I simply don't have the ability to make the time committment to scheduled practices and matches. If there were organized matches I'd love to be a part... but how will it work?

MOE

8-4-7-2

Mar 6, 2000
Germany
[RSU] = [Respawners United] has the same intention. We are organized but we play mainly for fun and don't take ourself too serious.
And if someone doesn't make it to a match - if we will ever have one (we just stated) - he won't be tortured ;)

My_Oozing_Eye|PuF

Apr 7, 2000
Minneapolis, MN, USA
Visit site
An idea...

It sure would be nice to have a gathering place for some organized pseudo-public CTF games... A couple of buddies and myself typically join public servers together and chat on RW... if we play together we usually kick @$$ on public servers... which is not all that much fun.

Organizing some sandlot (everybody show up at a certain time...we'll pick teams and play) games would be a great idea!

MOE

RA-clarkycat

Dec 21, 2000
www.raclan.f2s.com
well the gametype, mod and maps used for that week are picked by the results of a poll which only members can use. Then for that week those settings are used for our RA only matches. Players choose to play or not. If they do not turn up, others can come in their place. Players obviously cannot play every week (might change in the future when we get some more servers), but they must choose in which games they want to play in based on their preferences (eg. Id prefer to play DM rather than DOM, so i won't play during the DOM week, and play when DM is on instead).

btw, RA is soon going to expand into TFC as well (if anyone here plays it). One of the co-founders has opted to maintain that part of RA. Meanwhile im stuck trying to get all this together on my own. I suppose things can only get better.

My_Oozing_Eye|PuF

Apr 7, 2000
Minneapolis, MN, USA
Visit site
so it's really not a clan...

am I correct in saying that RA players will only play each other on the RA servers each week? Kind of like a a private club that has matches each week but the teams will be very informal?

MOE

RA-clarkycat

Dec 21, 2000
www.raclan.f2s.com
Every week regardless RA players will play each other on our server (yeah, sort of like a club), but also as a clan we will play other clans, but purely for fun not to gain clan status.

anymore questions?

RA-clarkycat

Dec 21, 2000
www.raclan.f2s.com
well, i'd say about 5 but thats to fill an average gopher hole. Depends really, it could be a normal gopher hole or one of those horrible mutant giant gophers that they found in Chenobyl. Those would probably take 100 pancakes.

Anymore?