RA-Dasa released, check it out, tell me what you think.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Hourences

Aug 29, 2000
Belgium/Holland/Sweden
www.Hourences.com
nice mav :) i like the 2nd and the 3th arena, they play good, the 5th is a litle bit slow, but you prolly knew that :)
i dont really like the windows you have made, those arent really nali style, little bit weird, also in the 4th map, there is a little HOM on 1 of the towers, 4th map is also cool btw, dont like the 5th one, the 2 floors are to much seperated from each other, you should have made it more opene, so the one who a t the topfloor could easylie kill the one benead
all the rest is nice, maps play good i think

<prolly 24501 typpos, its 6 am here, im totaly a sleep :)

ChrisToth.hu

Level Designer
Oct 2, 2000
Atlantis
Nice. It has been a long time since I last saw a nali-styled map among all these industrial ones. Refreshing. :)

Here are the things I've found:
1st: The first arena has a lot of long tight corridors, I'd change those a bit. (More architecture + make it wider) One of the crates has a BSP hole...

2nd: Basically, there's nothing wrong with the second one...and it's the fastest of the 5 arenas IMO. The layout is a bit standard tho...but it's just my opinion. Oh, and that lava texture is a bit strange. Use a more realistic one...eg the one from NaliFX.

3rd: Add more exits (eg. an elevator) to the lower hall. If you fall down from the Krall room you can get trapped because all exits are on the other sides of the room.

4th: I liked the 4th arena, that has the best looks of the 5 maps. You should add some kind of closed exit (door or a pile of rocks...etc) to the ends of the canyon. The walkways are a bit narrow...

5th: The fifth arena is slow...that huge dynamic light is eating all the framerates. (Type stat global into the console and you'll see that the Illum. times are 40-50 milliseconds...this should be kept around 1-2 milliseconds :) )

General: The windows aren't nali-style...and that huge rock wall around the level in the skybox looks weird.

That's it..
Tata!

DRT-Maverick

Lover of Earwigs
Dec 4, 1999
Reno, NV
thnx for the review, I noticed the bsp hole after I released and felt stupid for not seeing it before, hehe.

I always go overboard with lighting, sorry about that, but on the bright side, check out the node and polycount, it'll make you smile to see that I've kept that professionally low, yet still having a good looking map. :)