Quick Action choice with loadout

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

AhBeeDoi

Jan 4, 2003
here
Visit site
I usually find it inconvenient to have to reset my Quick Action choice everytime I start Infiltration. I was thinking that it would be nice to choose a Quick Action weapon with each loadout. Sometimes I like grenades but other times (other loadouts) I may prefer the K-Bar.

DamienW

I'm no stranger to sarcasm, sir
Feb 4, 2001
Bayonne, France
Although this suggestion is indeed good, at least 2.9 is better than 2.86, AhBeeDoi. Once you choose quick action for a loadout in-game, it will remain the same as long as you don't change it, even if the item selected, say, grenades, is depleted.
What i suggest is to take the time to launch an offline match with lots of livesand short respawn times, then go through all your loadouts by selecting the QA item/typing "suicide" in the console...rinse, repeat until your QA is set for all loadouts, and voilà, you should never have to change your QA at the beginning of a game again.

Beppo

Infiltration Lead-Programmer
Jul 29, 1999
Aachen, Germany
infiltration.sentrystudios.net
Well, not really needed to make a suicide hour out of it :)

If you select your QuickAction weapon in-game using the QuickAction menu then the selection is stored for your current loadout selected. So INF 2.9 actually stores your QuickAction weapon per loadout already.

Hadmar

Queen Bitch of the Universe
Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
I assume editing the ini is faster once you figgure out which weapon has which number. :D

keihaswarrior

Jan 7, 2003
Seattle
keihaswarrior.home.icq
Beppo said:
If you select your QuickAction weapon in-game using the QuickAction menu then the selection is stored for your current loadout selected. So INF 2.9 actually stores your QuickAction weapon per loadout already.
Gosh that sounds nice. I wish it worked that way in game :mad:

I have to reset my QA item to white smoke nade everytime I join a game. Sure, after I set it, it stays that way for the rest of the match. But next map.... ug I have to set it again.

I am not screwing it up either because I never use the QA for anything except smoke nades. So there is something amiss.

Apr 11, 2002
Dallas, TX
www.google.com
Ussually works well for me, but it does ocasionally reset.

In INF 3.0, I would love to have the QA item in the loadout screen, and only
save from the loadout screen. In game we could still change it, but it would not
save.

keihaswarrior

Jan 7, 2003
Seattle
keihaswarrior.home.icq
Ok, I figured out the problem. When I change the order of the loadouts in the list, the QA choice doesn't change with the loadout. So if I change it from #5 to #3, then #5 will still have the smoke nades selected, but #3 won't.

It would be nice if it was in the loadout editing menu like demo said. And it would be nice if changing the Loadout order didn't mess up all the QA choices.

*kw goes to the INF_Loadouts.ini and sets all QA's to white smoke...

Last edited: