Questions RE: Bad Company 2

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

{GD}Ghost

Counter Terrorist Operative
Mar 25, 2001
Classified
home.attbi.com
For those of you playing this game on PC, what are your system specs and how does it run?

My PC is currently closer to the minimum system requirements than recommended. My vid card is a GeForce 8800GTX.

I'm just trying to get a feel for how it might run on my machine before I spend the money to pick it up.

Any feedback would be helpful.

Thank you

Bi()ha2arD

Toxic!
Jun 29, 2009
Germany
phobos.qml.net
There is a BFBC2 Thread in Off Topic, maybe post there next time.

Anyways, I run it on a C2D 3.5GHZ, 4GB ram and a 8800GTX at 1680x1050

I had to set the detail to low because I got framedrops in areas with heavy action.

tomcat ha

Feb 2, 2002
Visit site
The 8800gtx is not the newest card anymore and its starting show really, but then again it has done very well for all these years, although i wouldnt be suprized if a dual core would be a bottleneck considering the destructability.

Logan6

TC Vet
Dec 23, 2003
Your 8800 should be fine. Im running it at low on a 8600 and its going pretty good. The problem is the GAME SUCKS BALLS! :D Was fun for a few minutes watching stuff blow up. Crysis could take some pointers from it as far as scenery and destruction. But its mostly just a flashy interactive movie. VERY ARCADE. Don't waste your money. I'm glad I didn't.

Also, while the scenery was nice, it was very toonish. This is definitely an XBox port in all its glory.

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2001
Frankfurt/ Germany
Visit site
The release videos I saw make me agree with Logan. The HUD is already so crammed and stuff is blowing up every other second - there is most likely no place for intense and realistic CQB we all miss since INF :(

Unfortunately there is no demo for PC yet

Logan6

TC Vet
Dec 23, 2003
There's probably no demo for pc, because they don't want the PC people to know how bad it is. :D PC gamers are not going to be happy with this game. However, there are some interesting things in it that games like Crysis could benefit from, so it is worth studying. I especially like the blowing snow in the first level. While it was toonish, it was done very well. They did pretty good with atmospheric style (blowing snow, well overgrown jungle, etc. ), something I feel was lacking in Crysis.

Unfortunately, besides being toonish, the destruction was really overdone in some points ( like you could bust up 10 inch concrete with 2 or 3 5.56 bullets :rolleyes:). But the T90 blowing the walls out of wooden frame / brick houses was awesome! :)

Last edited:

Mercie

Jan 18, 2005
Ive been pretty happy with it so far. Make sure you play in hardcore servers!!!! Otherwise youre gonna use up a whole magazine to maybe kill a guy. Youll likely get knifed by em while reloading though. Just my experience.

Hardcore reduces players health (no jumping from 4 stories and running away or health regeneration) such that weapons are far more powerful. Rush is very tactical. That usually means that the defending team is at least half snipers with one-hit-kill rifles. But a squad on TS will dominate. It helps being able to spawn on teammates.

Conquest is best when playing alone. Since you have multiple objectives, the opposing team is not mostly snipers.

They did pretty good with this one. More points are recieved for team play than combat. Hardcore has some fun combat - especially sniping and CQB. Or both. Like using an RDS on a barret.

Ive got a Q6600, GTX285, 8GB of DDR2, and a RAID 0 array and the game runs exceptionally well with everything on high and a 1920x1200 resolution. The above isnt an expensive upgrade, either, though I think the 285 is still a pricey card.

Oh yeah. BC2 doesnt support SLI as I recall. So dont try it haha.

tomcat ha

Feb 2, 2002
Visit site
most people i know are actually positive about this game, those people include people who play proper games

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
But its mostly just a flashy interactive movie. VERY ARCADE. Don't waste your money. I'm glad I didn't.

So you played the single player and you're glad you didn't waste your money on something that isn't Arma II.

Logan6

TC Vet
Dec 23, 2003
Yeah, I'm glad I didn't waste my money on something that pretty much targets 10 year olds. Its not INF. Its not Crysis. Its not Arma. As above, way too toonish, way too simple, way too arcadish and lead you by the nose. It reminds me of the newer video game machines in the parlors just before IBM PC's got affordable and popular, like 25 years ago. It just feels like an Xbox game.

Though like I said, some of the atmosphere elements I really liked. They got the blowing snow down pretty well. I also think there was some good imagination shown in the levels and destruction levels done by the tank fire was pretty realistic IMO. Crysis modders need to take a look at that.