Question for the parents on BuF

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

haarg

PC blowticious
Apr 24, 2002
Over there
Science is not a religion. Science does not oppose religion. Stop talking about religion. Stop talking about science.

Agent_5

Replica?
Jan 24, 2004
UT
Scarred for life apparently :D
We know all too well kal.

Always give reasons for why you are telling them something and always answer their questions. Take every chance you get to satisfy their curiosity.
How do you plan to answer the question about where babies come from?

I also can't help but be slightly worried about some of the posters in here being parents :eek:

M.A.D.X.W

Aug 24, 2008
Yurp Haarg.
But Shadow.

Religion is something that exists because of humans. The word science is something that exists because of humans. Humans are something that exist because of science. Science exists without humans, religion does not.
Non-ridiculous humans explain things with science based on observation, experiment and thought, religion explains things trough stories and beautiful outdated assumptions.
You can't "believe" in science or have "faith" in it. It exists regardless of the stupid people who also exist.
Even if people don't understand it or know anything about it or care about it, it is still there, unlike religion.
If none of you existed neither would religion. If none of you existed, science still would, but the word wouldn't.
etc.
:mad::mad::mad:

Larkin

Gone
Apr 4, 2006
Humans are something that exist because of science.

Science exists without humans, religion does not.

You can't "believe" in science or have "faith" in it. It exists regardless of the stupid people who also exist.

:con:

Last edited:

nfleming

Jul 6, 2004
Ohio, U.S.A.
First off... until you have kids you don't really understand your parents.

My wife and I have 5 children, ages 20 to 11. Lots of love, talking with them not at them. This gets tougher as time goes on, get tired of explaining the same thing for the nth time, thus 'because I said so' does happen at times.

Being honest with them, "I Don't know" is a valid answer, or "I don't know, lets find out" is even better.

READ to them, and let them read to you as soon as they try.

Sit down on the floor and play blocks, dolls, games, etc.

When you are wrong, say so. If you say something you didn't really mean, tell them. We all make mistakes, letting them know that helps them understand life.

Remember you were a kid once.

Be honest and respectful, and expect it of them.

Let them watch the same movie for the third time this week. Talk about what they noticed this time that they hadn't before.

Have fun with them, play, be silly. No such thing as 'too old' to play with toys.

It really is all the little things that stick with them and yourself.

M.A.D.X.W

Aug 24, 2008
I didn't imply that religion was bad in that sentece, so how does that make sense.
I'm talking about religion.
What

TrainWreck.jpg

:eek: