Question about toss weapon

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

barfretchpuke

Dec 20, 1999
Visit site
I haven't looked at the code but I am pretty sure it works like this:

If you already have weapon X, you cannot pick up another weapon X that has been tossed. You can only pick up a tossed weapon if you do not already have said weapon. This is to keep people from getting max ammo by tossing and re-picking up weapons.

Tetris L

Smartass
Feb 15, 2000
Germany
cleaned.beyondunreal.com
He didn't toss the weapon for you, he just tossed it cos he was about to run out of ammo. So he tossed it to pick up the same weapon again (not the same that he tossed; but from the normal weapon stay point, if you know what I mean).

Somehow UT memorizes if a weapon that is laying around has been tossed or dropped by a player who was killed. If it has been tossed you can only pick it up if you don't already have the weapon or if it has more ammo in it than you currently have for the same weapon.

Kokensu

Fire in Ma Belly!
Jan 4, 2000
Shut yo mouth!
Visit site
It actually used to be that you could toss a weapon pick up a new one and pick up the one you tossed as well. They fixed this in a patch along the way(before it got too popular for a change) as someone already mentioned.

Sometimes if I have a weapon I know the other guy does not(like a redeemer) and I know the other guy can use it ok, I'll toss it to him. Especially if enemies are coming in and I know he just respawned and I've got plenty of ammo for another weapon(like pulse or something). I'll just give it to my teammate instead so we can both fight. Usually I'm just doing it to get more ammo. Just toss the gun when you're down to 1 or 2 ammo and get a new one to start with the default(i.e. 20 shock cells for the ASMD)...

barfretchpuke

Dec 20, 1999
Visit site
Here's an 1337 tip:

Run backwards when you toss a weapon.

Why?

1) You don't want to stand still (very bad)
2) Any forward momentum and you will re-pickup your tossed weapon.

7thPixel

Dot Com CEO
Feb 15, 2000
www.7thPixel.net
or you can just toss weapons up into the air and juggle them, that's kinda fun...

or have a bunch of people in a circle tossing weapons to each other.. that's fun too.

Xhalted1

Skilled
Dec 20, 2000
Brooklyn, NY
Visit site
Originally posted by 7thPixel
or you can just toss weapons up into the air and juggle them, that's kinda fun...

or have a bunch of people in a circle tossing weapons to each other.. that's fun too.

Circle tossing? That's Gay :)

ps. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

WebSlinger

bNotNegative != False
Feb 29, 2000
Oklahoma City, OK
back in 'dem old QuakeWorld Threewave CTF days, there were options for tossing ammo or weapons (impulse 20 & impulse 21 respectively). I liked that. *sigh*

Boom

Rumpshaking Moderator
Mar 28, 2000
Visit site
It really bugs me that I can't toss a weapon while running forward. It would be cool if that was addressed in a patch.