Put me right on ZP, if you can!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Serpico_TC|PuF

Feb 20, 2000
Portsmouth
Visit site
OK. ZP was intended for HPBs. (right?)

SO WTF are LPBs doing on ZP servers to start with?!

ZPs damn fair if you start with a level playing field. i.e All LPBs against LPBs and all HPBs against HPBs.

Oh, I'm sooooooo sorry that ZP stops LPBs jumping on a server and whipping us HPBs. Even though I don't here you say THAT is unfair!

ZP is great. I can't see an argument against it. An it certainly isn't cheating. And it doesn't make you x times better than you are.
Well, no more than a ping 5 times smaller than the rest of the players!

I can't believe the nerve of some LPBs. What an atitude they have. They think they are soooo much better than us HPBs. ha. If we had equal pings we'd show them whose boss! With or without ZP /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif
They treat us like second rate citizens.
Well, I won't take any crap from them.

ZP is great. I'd be delighted if you would/could correct me on that fact.

/~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

*Serp pulls no punches*

------------------
I control the vertical and the horizontal.

Rooster

Local Legend
Jan 4, 2000
Fort Mill, SC
www.legionoflions.com
Serp, if you can't see the argument against it - you've fallen victim to the ZP Cult. You've been brainwashed. Now I hope that the next iteration does truly fix what Jibe says it will. Perhaps at that time I will gladly play on servers with it - but the Alpha - even Jibe admits - does allow impossible shots to be made, because of high ping.

Even Jibe understands and is working to correct the problems you deny exist. If the creator of the mod knows there was a problem, shouldn't you be smart enough to follow along? Or did I give you too much credit before?

Don't come across like you know everything and that just because someone is an LPB you can group them into some "Holier than thou" group. We don't do that to HPW's... don't be an äss and do it to us.

bullet2.gif

"I never learned from a man who agreed with me." ~ Robert A. Heinlein
nguid:453406

Serpico_TC|PuF

Feb 20, 2000
Portsmouth
Visit site
Roostey me old mucker. Don't put me in the same container as the lame posters. I WANT someone to open up my eyes and help me see whats up. I REALLY can't see what the arguments are about.

I wanted to be corrected. It seems to me that Low Pingers (no B /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif) are the ones complaining. And the arguemnt is the fairness right?

But Low Pingers pull what 'appears' to me (High Pinger) to be an impossible shots of all the time. Its bound to happen in ZP once or twice.

But its the fairness I can't see the arguement for. I SEE the problem. But if everone has the SAME problems then it IS fair! By definition!

I can't understand why people like your Bud CHRYSt say its cheating! What!?

If people with 300-500 pings all play on the same server its no problem. I usually have a 300 ping. So I should have a disadvantage at ZP, but I play great on the servers. Its only when a 80 /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif pinger comes along that they might find it unfair. But then my arguement is WTF are they doing on a ZP server to start with.

*Serp sees the nails head, he shoots...and scores!*

bullet2.gif

Serpico_TC|PuF

Feb 20, 2000
Portsmouth
Visit site
Roostey me old mucker. Don't put me in the same container as the lame posters. I WANT someone to open up my eyes and help me see whats up. I REALLY can't see what the arguments are about.

I wanted to be corrected. It seems to me that Low Pingers (no B /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif) are the ones complaining. And the arguemnt is the fairness right?

But Low Pingers pull what 'appears' to me (High Pinger) to be an impossible shots of all the time. Its bound to happen in ZP once or twice.

But its the fairness I can't see the arguement for. I SEE the problem. But if everone has the SAME problems then it IS fair! By definition!

If people with 300-500 pings all play on the same server its no problem. I usually have a 300 ping. So I should have a disadvantage at ZP, but I play great on the servers. Its only when a 80 /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif pinger comes along that they might find it unfair. But then my arguement is WTF are they doing on a ZP server to start with.

bullet2.gif

Serpico_TC|PuF

Feb 20, 2000
Portsmouth
Visit site

bullet2.gif

Jibe

Mar 20, 2000
zeroping.home.att.net
Thanks Rooster. I think Serpico's point is that even the Alpha version of zp is fair if all players have roughly equal pings (and no one's unplugging their modems or resetting their hubs).

The impossible shots don't seem to bother modem players much; they're used to getting hit behind corners (because client-side movement lets them think they're where they're not) and generally happy to put up with a little more of it in return for zp's benefits.

jibe
zeroping@att.net
http://zeroping.home.att.net

Rooster

Local Legend
Jan 4, 2000
Fort Mill, SC
www.legionoflions.com
Serp - we've all pretty much expended all we have on explaining our views on why some of us feel that the alpha version of ZP is paramount to cheating. Please go check the other threads. I know that I've done my best to make it perfectly clear (and give examples) of why ZP-Alpha is not a good mod (although as it leads to a refinement of ZP - it is good).

bullet2.gif

"I never learned from a man who agreed with me." ~ Robert A. Heinlein
nguid:453406