PuF homepage complete

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

L_S

Nov 24, 1999
hey Zaccix: that HTML-kit thing worked. Thanks, its a neat little program. PuF homepage is now netscape compatible courtesy of Zaccix. /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Looks awesome! I gotta make the plunge. My official UT name is now hal{PuF}. Good job L_S!

bullet2.gif

Yes, I know I'm full of $I-IiT - but I'm inhuman dammit!

N

NIGMA666

It looks great i must say!
great work Liquid /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

im going to send you a Pic of me, i dont like being a clown.......

-=666=-

bullet2.gif

Romanz 6:23

L_S

Nov 24, 1999
Though I have made some very basic sites up before, this is my first full blown webpage, so if anything looks unorthodox or just plain stupid LET ME KNOW! Seriously, you wont hurt my feelings. Most everything is complete, though there are still a few things I want to refine. I have my desktop at 1600x1200 with large fonts. But I tested it at different resolutions and I am pretty sure that the page will look fine at 1024x768 or above. Anything below that and it may seem cluttered. I can’t imagine that anyone has his or her desktop lower than 1024x768 nowadays anyway. Also one slight problem that possibly someone could figure out………..the page DOESN’T FRIGGN WORK IN NETSCAPE!!!??? WTF!?!? I can’t figure it out. Works fine in IE though (a windows conspiracy maybe?) Also I copied the color of PU so it would sorta match ya know.

There are several sections…..

*News
All the latest updates to the page and any interesting news that’s happening.

*Members
If any of your info is wrong, email me with the correct info. If you sent a pic, but its not there, I lost it. Please resend one (300x300 .gif or .jpg) Once again if you don’t want to send a real pic, just send a fictional one, anything will do. If you see a “?” in a spot in your info, if you would send me the info that fits there please. Eventually I’ll put all the names in alphabetical order.

*PuF forum
Brings you to the PuF forum

*Vital Gaming files
Cool files that will enhance your gaming experience. If you know of anything that we should have there send it to me.

*Odds n ends
Just some misc crap. There is also a “screenshot gallery” there so if you ever have a cool/unique screenshot send it. Anything cool/zany that’s UT related can go here. Any ideas, send ‘em J

*Strategy
Not complete yet. This section will help us share our secrets with other PuF’s. I feel confident enough to do the Weapons guide and the deathmatch guide, but I will need someone to do a tweaking guide, an assault guide, a ctf guide, and a domination guide. Mail me if you want to do any of those. I want each guide to have several parts. A general section, which explains the rules and general principles of the game type, and then a map by map strategy guide complete with descriptions and screenshots of all the weapon/item locations in that level.

*PuF FAQ
a puf faq duh. If you can think of another question should I put there, mail it to me.

Then I have several UT related links on below all these. If you know any others than should be there, tell me.

Here she is =========> http://members.xoom.com/longshaft/puf/place.htm

It aint anything that special but its sufficient I suppose /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

[This message has been edited by LiquiD_SiN (edited 01-22-2000).]

P

Prophetus

GRRRRREEEEAAAAT SITE!!!! You did an awsome job. Are you going put a chat page in? Or even voice chat support? Anyways, you did really well. I like! Everyone needs to check it out.

S

STC_Wacky

Great site...very professional /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

How's about a download section of things created exclusively by PuF members ie, maps, prefabs, skins, voice packs and so on.....

wiggum_pi

Dec 28, 1999
Visit site
Netscape is having trouble with your frame coding. I'm positive Netscape renders frames , but in this case it comes up with an error (if you want to verify this yourself, right click on the white space, and look at the frame source code, which has a couple of lines of HTML and states, "Your browser sucks a big fat...".

Internet Explorer is a very forgiving browser when it comes to page rendering and layout.

I checked out your page at 800x600, which I believe is the most common resolution, and it looks fine.

It's a pretty nice site considering it's your first.

As for suggestions, I think you should scrap the frames in favor of tables (just my opinion) and try to improve the logo (the one that says "planetunrealforumers"). If you want me to, I could probably design one for you.

Good luck,
John (aka Cookie_Monster)

SSSHAD

Dec 8, 1999
Sydney, NSW, Austr.
Yeah, and it has my pic /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif. Really, it a VERY good site.

/~unreal/ubb/html/biggrin.gif P.S.: It am clicking on "meaning of life" for about a half an hour. Is somebody having me on ...?

[PuF]BadAss

Dec 14, 1999
Visit site
Great stuff man. Now it is time to keep it updated!!! Thanks LS, for an excellent job!!!

(BTW, I sent you my profile. Guess you didn't get it. I'll send it again)

bullet2.gif

[PuF]BadAss
ICQ 36081255

L_S

Nov 24, 1999
BadAss thanks for pointing that out. I actually do have your info there it is just hidden because I didnt put a link to it on the members list. If you go to Zeitgeist, then clicknext member you will see your stuff. I'll fix it in a minute anyway.

Yes, I know it doesnt work in netscape, but can anybody figure out why? I think you are right about the frames, cuz it will do each individual page okay, but when you go to the frames html it shows up blank?

Remember to send me any ideas or links or pics or anything that you want up on the page.

L_S

Nov 24, 1999
SSShad, if you cant get to the meaning of life page, maybe you are not meant to see it /~unreal/ubb/html/wink.gif

L_S

Nov 24, 1999
Cookiemonster: Thanks for the tips, after I started building the site, I really began checking out other sites and noticed that 99% of sites now seem to use the tables. The reason I stuck with frames is a)I already had most of it done in frames and didnt want to start over b)I dont know how to use the table tag well enough to make it look right c)I like frames in that you always have the links right at your beck and call. Where in the table format you have to scroll up or down to get to links you want. Kinda annoying I think. Maybe I will change it later but I dont feel like messing with it right now hehe.

Oh yeah the logo, you are weclome to make one or give me an idea how to make a better one. I am NOT artistic at all /~unreal/ubb/html/frown.gif hehe

L_S

Nov 24, 1999
Ah yes why didnt I think of that.........

I dont know a damn thing about dhtml hehe

L_S

Nov 24, 1999
Wacky: there is a section for that! Look at the Odds n Ends link on the left!

Zaccix

Truth, by Banksy
Nov 10, 1999
London, UK
/me looks at the logo

Hey I did that! Hehehehe. I could do a better one though. Kewl site man. Works great at 800x600 (which is what I use).

One thing though. The spacer50.jpg in the menu didn't show up when I just visited.

Grab HTML-Kit from Chami.com and run the page through the Tidy function (F9). It'll tell you about any errors and stuff and might help you figure out the Netscape issue.

Oh just one other thing....

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>There isn't exactly a "strict" criteria to become a member of PuF (I mean hell they let Zaccix in).<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OI! /~unreal/ubb/html/wink.gif

bullet2.gif

Smooth like a rolo, cool like a polo. We commin' out wid da bad bwoy flow! Inside!

C

CYBER PETE

I'm sure this is a real stupid question please excuse my ignorance but...

I have a pic of that's 1024 x 768 how do I crop it down to 300 x 300??

Status
Not open for further replies.