UE3 - UT3 Problem selecting ActorFactoryAI within ActorFactory

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

steve.h84

Apr 6, 2009
Hi,

I'm having a problem with an ActorFactory in KISMET. I add an ActorFactory to KISMET, but then when I select ActorFactoryAI type in the dropdown list for the Factory entry, nothing appears in the Factory entry after I click the ActorFactoryAI entry, in fact none of the options in the dropdown list appear in the Factory entry after I click them

however, if I start a new level, and immediately add an ActorFactory to a clean level and attempt to select ActorFactoryAI in the list, then it is added to the Factory entry as normal. This makes me suspect that there is something wrong in the tutorial level I have created, but I've followed that tutorial exactly.

The tutorial I have been folowing is here http://www.3dbuzz.com/vbforum/sv_video.php?search=top+down+unreal

Can anyone help?

thanks.

steve.h84

Apr 6, 2009
Possible Answer

I seem to have found a solution to this problem. I saved my map with the "DM-" prefix so that UT3 thinks it is a deathmatch level. I was then able to relaibly select the Actor propertiy in the Actor Factory. I've tried it a few times, including with new maps and no problems so far !