Prisoner 655321

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
Just watched A Clockwork Orange again. Not that special but, still, it is a snapshot of things that were to come. What shocked people then to the point where it was banned from being shown in the UK would hardly shock anyone today. If you've seen it too what was your preferred scene?

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
All I have to say is THANK GOD Kubrick adapted the far superior edited version that didn't have the ridiculous ending hanging on, mucking things up.

~Jason

Vaskadar

It's time I look back from outer space
Feb 12, 2008
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Well, Kubrick is indeed one of the greatest film makers of all time, he brought us 2001, Clockwork Orange, Spartacus, Dr. Strangelove, The Shining, Full Metal Jacket, and even Eyes Wide Shut. Pretty much all of which are critically acclaimed.

Even A.I., a posthumous work completed by Spielberg was fantastic. All of which have socially, and culturally relevant messages and themes presented. I doubt anyone can really surpass him in this lifetime.

BITE_ME

Bye-Bye
Jun 9, 2004
Not here any more
What is "HD".

"the Billyboy's gang extended stripping of the very buxom woman they intend to rape — were offered for titillation."
Link

"Current DVDs present the original X-rated form"=The one I have.

cooloola

A good samaritan
Dec 31, 2005
What shocked people then to the point where it was banned from being shown in the UK would hardly shock anyone today.

It wasn't banned, Kubrick asked the studio to stop showing it in the UK because of all the death threats and hate mail he received which is why they started showing the movie in UK theaters not long after his death. But yeah he was awesome.

lovebug

Dec 26, 2009
tumblr_liwn9whZWa1qfpdl1o1_500.jpg