Poop gate has been overpooped

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Larkin

Gone
Apr 4, 2006
It's okay Larkin, no one gives a flying **** what you say, either. The difference is, the fourteenth amendment is the law of the land and must be upheld. You're an idiot, and must be ignored or berated.

~Jason

You do realize that even if I don't care what it says, it doesn't actually support your argument right?

edit: The law of the land? Coming from a progressive like yourself that is funny ****. Tell you friends to care about the rest of the document and then I will bother to care about their little additions.

Last edited:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Yes, it is. By saying that people of age are allowed to get married and then singling out certain types of marriages between consenting adults they will not allow, they are "abridg[ing] the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States." This was the case of anti-miscegenation laws, which were ruled unconstitutional for violating the 14th amendment and there is no essential difference here.
I'm just leading off what you're saying here...

So, two consenting adults, such as brother and sister. Ok.

Two consenting adults such as a man that is already married and a woman. Ok.

Two consenting adults such as a woman who lives with adult cats and says she can talk to them and that they all want to marry her. Ok.

kiff

That guy from Texas. Give me some Cash
Jan 19, 2008
Tx.
www.desert-conflict.org
Show me where that says based on race. Oh, wait, you mean it doesn't? You mean that ALL PERSONS are covered here, regardless of race, sex, nationality, religion, sexual preference, etc? WOW! Reading!
Please, Jason, I have read it... Context matters. It was clearly a law to address racism.

Context also matters in the part "All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside."

This part was intended to naturalize children of slaves (that were here against their will), but that context has also been ignored. If you're on vacation from Europe and have a baby, your child doesn't get citizenship, but illegals do :)lol: ?)

Examples: (quick source)
1.The Fourteenth Amendment excludes the children of aliens.
(The Slaughterhouse Cases (83 U.S. 36 (1873))

2.The Fourteenth Amendment draws a distinction
between the children of aliens and children of citizens.
(Minor v. Happersett (88 U.S. 162 (1874))

3.The phrase "subject to the jurisdiction"
requires "direct and immediate allegiance" to the United States,
not just physical presence.
(Elk v. Wilkins 112 U.S. 94 (1884))

4.There is no automatic birthright citizenship in a particular case.
(Wong Kim Ark Case, 169 U.S. 649 (1898))

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
I'm just leading off what you're saying here...

So, two consenting adults, such as brother and sister. Ok.

Two consenting adults such as a man that is already married and a woman. Ok.

Two consenting adults such as a woman who lives with adult cats and says she can talk to them and that they all want to marry her. Ok.

Oh goody, completely worthless and illogical arguments. No matter the delusions of a mental patient, cats are not people. No matter the level of feelings, inbreeding is dangerous on the genetic level and supporting it causes an actual danger to the continuing health of the human race.

~Jason

Kiff: The slaughterhouse Cases said that the 14th amendment didn't apply to civil rights. In addition to being a complete travesty of justice, this train of thought has been overturned time and time again (see Brown v Board of Edu, Hernandez v Texas, Loving v Virginia, Mississippi U. for women v Hogan, etc.). Minor V Happersett unfortunately was never overturned, but the previous example of Mississippi University for Women v Hogan shows that the logic does not, in fact, hold up. Elk v. Wilkin's is a territory/jurisdiction blahblah and has nothing to do with this conversation.

Last edited:

Larkin

Gone
Apr 4, 2006
Oh goody, completely worthless and illogical arguments. No matter the delusions of a mental patient, cats are not people. No matter the level of feelings, inbreeding is dangerous on the genetic level and supporting it causes an actual danger to the continuing health of the human race.

~Jason

No, science has actually shown that you are at the same risk of having birth defects inbreeding as breeding outside your family if you have good genes. In fact, if you have good genes inbreeding will reinforce the good genes.

Oh and it happens in nature so therefore nothing is wrong with it. I hear murder is natural too, so there is nothing wrong with it. OH ****s, being poor is natural. Oh ****ing ****s, discrimination is natural. I guess that is fine too. :p Everything in fine because its natural. God, what a wonderful argument. Maybe I should adapt this argument for myself. hmmm..I think it would work so well for me. hahaha. You can't be against that, there can't be anything wrong with it no, no, this is bull****, its completely normal because its natural. Yeah, baby. You are racist, or something. Yeah. Oh wait, that argument would be void. wouldn't it? hahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahaha. I love it.

Last edited:

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
No, science has actually shown that you are at the same risk of having birth defects inbreeding as breeding outside your family if you have good genes. In fact, if you have good genes inbreeding will reinforce the good genes.

Oh and it happens in nature so therefore nothing is wrong with it. I hear murder is natural too, so there is nothing wrong with it. OH ****s, being poor is natural. Oh ****ing ****s, discrimination is natural. I guess that is fine too. :p

Larkin, you have no idea what you're talking about. Inbreeding is bad and you are at at DRASTICALLY increased risk of genetic defects if you inbreed.

You'll also notice all the natural bits of argument were included in saying that all arguments based on whether or not something is natural are ridiculous.

But that has nothing to do with what the 14th amendment says.

Stop being deliberately obtuse. Laws that protect the safety of people and society are not being addressed by the 14th amendment (it is simply PART of the constitution) and that is part of being a citizen (obeying its laws). Hence why people can be deprived of the right to vote, etc. Laws against gay people marrying, have nothing to do with protecting society and are discriminatory by nature.

~Jason

Larkin

Gone
Apr 4, 2006
Larkin, you have no idea what you're talking about. Inbreeding is bad and you are at at DRASTICALLY increased risk of genetic defects if you inbreed.

Oh man that is long. I'm a progressive and need a hand out. Can you give me a summary?

You'll also notice all the natural bits of argument were included in saying that all arguments based on whether or not something is natural are ridiculous.

Wait, what? That can't be!

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
Oh man that is long. I'm a rabid conservative who can't be bothered to read facts. Can you give me a summary?

Fixed.

In short: inbreeding leads to higher rate of genetic disorders, increasing greatly the closer you get in relation (ie: screwing your first cousin is bad, screwing your sister or mother is way worse).

~Jason

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
Well, then that's clearly a violation of the 14th amendment, unless they're not "people", right?
Where did your first post in this thread go? It's equal treatment for everyone, if polygamy is indeed illegal in the USA (Which I'm not certain it is that's why I asked.)

kiff

That guy from Texas. Give me some Cash
Jan 19, 2008
Tx.
www.desert-conflict.org
Stop being deliberately obtuse. Laws that protect the safety of people and society are not being addressed by the 14th amendment (it is simply PART of the constitution) and that is part of being a citizen (obeying its laws). Hence why people can be deprived of the right to vote, etc. Laws against gay people marrying, have nothing to do with protecting society and are discriminatory by nature.
I don't know why you're getting all worked up about this... I actually support gay marriage and I thought you knew that.

That said, context (still) matters and just because I support a cause doesn't mean I'll accept a (possible) misinterpretation of the constitution to validate a political end. Just like the "anchor babies" argument. People here on vacation don't get that privilege, but illegals do. Clearly there's a problem.

So what about the polygamy argument? Is that not unconstitutional under your interpretation? Would you really make a moral argument or argue it's "protecting" someone?

Last edited:

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
If I make the privilege I can make the rules of membership of the privilege.
oh wow, this made my day.
Larkin has proved, once again, that he is unconscionably retarded.

I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried.
these threads bring out the best in ancient, conservative ideology.