[Poll] Which game should I play next?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Which one?

• Total voters

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
Haha, I meant "anyone's" referring to the games in the poll.
oh I know what you meant.

I was making the joke that you should still just play what you want, regardless of the outcome of the poll.
If you are in one of those raid crazy guilds, it starts to feel more like a job than a game. (hence why my guild is all about arena and PvP now) Anyway, that's my honest $.02.
yeah see, that is exactly why I quit WoW.
my guild was too high-end, too serious. it was awesome in the beginning because I was the main tank and we were clearing the highest level raids first on our server. being at the front was cool.

and then it became a job, literally.
and I wasn't getting paid :p

it totally killed my drive and I needed some fresh air.
if you can avoid the repetition, maybe stick to PVP alone, WoW is still a really fun game.

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
I don't blame you.

WoW is the only MMO I ever played, and it will also be the last.
the only reason I started is because I knew some people (Real Life friends) that were already playing. after one of those friends moved to Galveston and the other moved to Ontario, it was a nice way to keep in touch.

but in the end, it's not worth playing an MMO unless it's the ONLY game you play... because of course you have to pay for it every single month.

Zxanphorian

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 1, 2002
PA USA
Visit site
Not only the monthly charges, but the time commitment. You have to keep doing quest after quest after quest to keep up with everyone, and if you stop playing for a bit you will be left in the dust. It's not like other multiplayer games like L4D which you can stop for months and be immediately able to get back in the swing of things.

Not to mention, like in games like MapleStory, you have to pay extra money to be able to rapidly progress, without having to grind and grind and grind, and did I mention grind?

Zxanphorian

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 1, 2002
PA USA
Visit site
Update:

Successfully built my new rig (correctly for the first time I may add! :D)! Now I just need to finish installing things and copying data over.

Now onto the poll. As I am cutting the pull short, Batman: Arkham Asylum has dominated all other contenders in this poll, with 17 brazen votes. An honorable mention must be awarded to Mass Effect with almost entering the double digits with 9 votes. The :foreveralone: award goes to FarCry 2, with no votes whatsoever.

Final verdict? The first new/un-played game that I will play will be Batman: Arkham Asylum!

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Far Cry 2 is a really great looking game, so you should at least enjoy the visual candy. I want very badly to like the game because I absolutely love the idea. It just does so many annoying things that it makes me not want to play it.

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
Eh, Far Cry 2 wasn't awful, it's just that there were a few design choices (ie: guard posts ever 1,000 ft on the road) that made the game WAY more tedious that it should have been.

~Jason

Zxanphorian

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 1, 2002
PA USA
Visit site
Been testing out various games on my new rig. And I must say I am very impressed.

I tried Crysis, Killing Floor, Mirror's Edge, GTA IV, UT3, L4D2, and Portal 2 and all of them, at highest resolution and highest settings have negligible to no video lag compared to the monitor's refresh rate.

I also started Batman, and I must say I am really enjoying it. The visuals are very beautiful which makes you fully immersed, and it has excellent PhysX effects. I'm enjoying the story so far, and I got to...

...where Poison Ivy gets released by Harley Quinn, and the subsequent chase.

Last edited:

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
Yeah, Malaria was pretty stupid. It didn't even resolve itself by the end of the game.
I was like, "why'd they even do that? It was just an annoyance."

you have to be the biggest retard of a merc to take a job in a jungle without getting any vaccinations. hell, its required from any tourist traveling those regions. were they thinking malaria is fun?

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
Update:

Successfully built my new rig (correctly for the first time I may add! :D)! Now I just need to finish installing things and copying data over.

Now onto the poll. As I am cutting the pull short, Batman: Arkham Asylum has dominated all other contenders in this poll, with 17 brazen votes. An honorable mention must be awarded to Mass Effect with almost entering the double digits with 9 votes. The :foreveralone: award goes to FarCry 2, with no votes whatsoever.

Final verdict? The first new/un-played game that I will play will be Batman: Arkham Asylum!

Been testing out various games on my new rig. And I must say I am very impressed.

I tried Crysis, Killing Floor, Mirror's Edge, GTA IV, UT3, L4D2, and Portal 2 and all of them, at highest resolution and highest settings have negligible to no video lag compared to the monitor's refresh rate.

I also started Batman, and I must say I am really enjoying it. The visuals are very beautiful which makes you fully immersed, and it has excellent PhysX effects. I'm enjoying the story so far, and I got to...

...where Poison Ivy gets released by Harley Quinn, and the subsequent chase.

So what else happened...