[POLL] New "D"TAS allowing different settings

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Would you agree to have an new version DTAS with flexible settings for the GD server

• Yes

Votes: 15 78.9%
  • No

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • I don't mind

• I don't care

• What is DTAS?

• Total voters

geogob

Koohii o nomimasu ka?
The current version of DTAS allows little to no online configuration. The DTAS developers decided to Hardcode within DTAS most settings for Online play. The two main reasons were:

- They consider these settings to be the best for DTAS
- They consider having too many DTAS settings being changed from server to server is bad and would confuse people.

On the GD server, I wanted to run the game using different settings which is impossible due to these hardcoded settings. The purpose of this server was ot offer something different then the current DTAS server. Different, not only regarding maps and server settings, but also with a different style of TAS (Take And Secure).

Today, I talked with Cleeus on ICQ. It seems they (him and Harper) would agree to let me make a new DTAS (which would be named differently to avoid confusing INF players). But in his post he made later on, he requested a poll. Well... here's the poll ;)

Neabit

Oct 10, 2004
It is possible show dynamic settings under f2 so everyone can see which settings are in use.

theRoadStroker

A Dickcheese Faggot
May 28, 2005
woot 1st vote and 1st post :DDDDD jk
*edit* damn you nea

seriuosly thou i think i played on SG Dtas server sometime ago and you can cap with 1 guy ... it was not so much fun ...all thou i dont care

*edit 2* however i would like to see something diffrent to cap in the future and not a damn flag

Last edited:

Lemon.fr

SkaarjFruit
Oct 28, 2003
France, Cannes
Visit site
Voted yes.

@Geo:
A bit off topic but, why not "less new weapons code" and more "game modes code" ?
I mean, what about a laptop instead of a flag,
I remember few suggestion about a new dtas style etc...
Or something really different,hmm ? ;)

Total agree with Neabit.

Last edited:

ant75

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Jan 11, 2001
Paris
I voted yes, even if i think dtas is great as it is. In fact geo, i think the question is kind of irrelevant : nobody wants to freeze dtas' development forever, that'd be silly. The only thing that matters is that development is undertaken with consideration of the players' opinion, and that there's still room for self criticism in case new additions don't work well.

keihaswarrior

Jan 7, 2003
Seattle
keihaswarrior.home.icq
Well, what exactly do you want to change about DTAS?

Personally I have always wanted:
1) Removal of DTAS death
2) Flag made to be something more realistic
3) Make scoring more transparent and encourage teams to stick together.

randomas

May 24, 2001
Visit site
I wouls also like to see a laptop instead of a flag it would be cool if instead of capturing one had to secure the CD/documents/codes/whatevers to a third random location that's different from both attack spawn and defence spawn.

hara

Where's my backup?
Aug 24, 2004
We had this: what I would like to see in DTAS-discussion a couple of times :D
I suggest: attackers get only information about the distance to the flag (tent, cd, hostage, whatever, i dont care), not the direction (maybe if one attacker sees the object, its direction will appear in the compass).
Another one: Defenders can move the (flag)object. Well, just like a claymore, it just takes 30 secs to dig it out of the concrete or whereever its build into and you have another 15 secs to find a new place.