PLS PLS PLEASE HELP MEEEEEEEEEE !!!!!!!!!!!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

paulhosi

Feb 10, 2001
HELP ME PLEASE

I downloaded INF 4 TIMES after getting error messages with them all, and finally got it !!!#
then i downloaded the map pack, after that i clicked on the button to extract em and guess what ? error in disk #1 (bad file offset) or some bollox like that
So i though if i download v2.81 it might help it, s i did that, and guess wot, SAME ERROR, FFS y cant anything work for me, all the other donloads for HL and UT have been fine, so why these

I know they have provided this mod for free, and its hard work, but at the least youd expect them to ****ING do it properley, its not winzip, cos half of the maps worked, and half didnt.
When u get a bit mod like this you expect to be able to just click on the installer, and thats it, not ****ing about with files names and changing your computer round to suit it !!!

PLS help as ive read the reviws and it sounds good, but it wont work !!! :( :( :(

Whatever doesnt kill you only makes you stronger, unless it blows your legs off, then it only makes you shorter

paulhosi

Feb 10, 2001
What it actually says is:

Error in file #1: bad Zip file offset (error local header signature not found): disk #1 offset: 0

I downloaded it in the zip format, and only half of the maps worked (maybe less !!!)

Whatever doesnt kill you only makes you stronger, unless it blows your legs off, then it only makes you shorter

Mason

Self appointed voice of reason
Dec 14, 2000
Upstate NY
forums.unreal2.net
This may sound stuupid, but did you install 2.80 first? You should install in this order..2.80, 2.80 Maps, 2.81, 2.82. If that is not the problem, I have reached the end of MY usefulness.. :) Maybe you might want to reinstall UT and patch it back up to 436 before installing Inf. Just an idea that worked for me whenever I had pproblems.

I am the Walrus, koo koo kachoo.
Why do people insist on putting their 'two cents' in when they don't have a penny to spare?

BA Baracus

I pity the fool!
Oct 17, 2000
texas
www.giantsofscience.org
after seeing this and your other posts it just seems that you are just having significant problems downloading. in the past a few persons have offered to burn INF to a CD and mail it to persons. i suggest you use the forum search to find these postings and get in contact with these people.

and if you install all the patches in the correct order(mentioned above) you don't have to do any messing around with files.

t_cereal.jpg

i pity the fool who don't eat my cereal!

paulhosi

Feb 10, 2001
Yeeeeeeessssss.................

this is going to sound dumb, but here it is :

flibbly uip plang groods trudght verthy judds oindy frint

TOLD YA

BTW I do have to piss about with the files, cos i downloaded the zip file, and you have to put em in the right folders, also you have to change the target path of infiltration280.lnk to your C:\ drive specs etc. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Whatever doesnt kill you only makes you stronger, unless it blows you legs off, then it only makes you shorter

BA Baracus

I pity the fool!
Oct 17, 2000
texas
www.giantsofscience.org
well if you chose to use the manual install instead of the UMOD install, you really have no right to complain about having to move files around. and when you install the 2.82 patch it automatically creates a shortcut in your start menu that you can run INF from, no .lnk editing required.

t_cereal.jpg

i pity the fool who don't eat my cereal!